• jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Home Depot Deals

EDIT:
    ---
    Milwaukee 4V lithium-ion screw driver kit - $39

Mdl#0490-22 SKU#699892

Dewalt DC750KA - $35 (Saw this on fatwallet, it's only 9.6 volts though http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/843040/)
    ---

There seems to be a bunch of Borg deals floating around. Maybe they're trying to keep up with Lowes. Anyways I was thinking one thread that listed them would be convenient. Here are some deals that have already been posted and a few I just saw at my local borg but haven't seen posted yet. Pls feel free to add any.

Bosch PS40 Impact Driver - $99
    Bosch PS20 - $99
    Dewalt DC789K2 18V Drill - $99
    Dewalt Router - ~$75 (Display) I haven't seen this one myself
    Hilti SR 16 Drill - $99
    PC Laminate Trimmer - $79
    Drill Doctor - $49

Not necessarily a bargain but I see they are now carrying a Ridgid model of the Magswitch. $39
    Last edited by jussi; 07-10-2008, 10:56 PM.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • supper shaun
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2006

Which router?

Comment

• jussi
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007

Like I said I haven't seen it myself but I believe it's the 618 with the 3 bases. Although the people who have gotten them say they are display models and are usually missing something (collets, cords, etc).

Comment

• unknown poster
        Established Member
        • Jan 2006

I think that router deal is a myth. I found 1 display out of 6 stores in 3 cities. The manager of the store with the display explained that the vendor owns the displays and he can't sell them. All 6 stores don't even have the SKU in the computer anymore. I think one or two people on another forum found ill-informed salespeople and managed to talk their way into the display. I'm not wasting gas on this pursuit anymore.

That Bosch PS40 deal is good and it seems to be plentiful, there's a Bosch rebate for a free PS20 with the purchase of a PS10, PS20, or PS40 so for $99 you get two tools. Some of the PS40's are bundled with a free holster or a free flashlight so you get 3 tools for $99. So far I really like my PS40.

Comment

• Nil
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2007

I just looked, and apparently Homedepot.com says that the PS-40 can only be purchased online (it wasn't available at any store within 100 miles of me in Oregon), and that it is out of stock online. So sad as I've been eyeing that model. A nice, small impact driver that actually includes the battery without making you spend an extra $100+ to get batteries and a charger...

Comment

• poolhound
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2006
            • Phoenix, AZ
            • BT3100

I think the router deal is a hangover from a clearout of the DW products earlier this year. A lot of folks mangaed to get them for around the $200 mark, I lucked in to one for $130 but I havent seen any of these at any Borgs close to me and I regularly visit 5 or 6. If you can actually find one for $75 thats one heck of a deal......................
            Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
            techzibits.com

Comment

• unknown poster
              Established Member
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Nil
              I just looked, and apparently Homedepot.com says that the PS-40 can only be purchased online (it wasn't available at any store within 100 miles of me in Oregon), and that it is out of stock online. So sad as I've been eyeing that model. A nice, small impact driver that actually includes the battery without making you spend an extra $100+ to get batteries and a charger...
              I just checked HD.com using stores that I know have the PS-40 in stock and it says they're sold out. In my experience HD.com is about as worthless as 97% of HD's hired help. If you're going to be nearby a HD stop in and check, be sure to check the aisle with the impactors as well as the clearance racks.

Comment

• skamath
                Established Member
                • Sep 2006
                • san diego, ca
                • BT3100, 22124

PS20 is on sale at amazon

btw, PS20 is on sale at amazon for $85 and change. no tax as well depending on your state.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-PS20-2-1...5483837&sr=8-1

Comment

• Bill Anderson
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Dec 2007

The DeWalt 618B3 kit is no myth. I picked up my display kit for $75 last Thursday evening. It is minus the cord and collets, but I have extra collets, and the cord is around $25 online. Some have lucked out and found the complete kits, new in box, for the $75 price. Actually I found the Router deal, while I stopped by to pick up the PS40, I happened to wander down the power tool aisle, and had to take a second look to make sure I read the price correctly. So keep checking your local HD, because some kits may still be out there. I would not call on the phone to check availability, as the person answering the phone, may not really want to look. Good Luck.

Comment

• tsbrewers
                    Established Member
                    • Mar 2006

I too ended up with one of the Dewalt router kits. It was the display model, but the store was good enough to have kept the case with everything in it. I tried to buy the display at one other store, just the motor, fixed and plunge bases, nothing else, but they still wouldn't budge from the $75 price. I am sure it was still worth it, but I was in a hurry and didn't have time for them to he-haw around anymore.

Brew

Comment

• cyberodie
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Feb 2004
                      • Colorado

I got a brand new Dewalt router kit for $75 in Louisville, CO last Saturday. They still had the display unit left at that time.
                      Kevin

Comment

• Mr__Bill
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2007
                        • Tacoma, WA
                        • BT3000

When checking for the last of HD tool deals it pays to look over by the contractor desk. Often the last few are piled or in a display there. Several times I have found things that the "Tool" sales people have said were long gone. They will also have clearance areas or shelves in other departments with tools on them. I have found tools and other things in plumbing and lighting with steep discounts marked on them.

happy hunting,

Bill on the Sunny Oregon Coast.

Comment

• garymuto
                          Established Member
                          • Aug 2007
                          • Encinitas, CA
                          • Delta Cabinet Saw

The PS40 showed up unavailable at my store(s) so I went in and found two, still priced at $149. I took one to the checkout and it rang up @ $99, including a free flashlight.
                          Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• jussi
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2007

Dewalt DC750KA cordless drill
                            http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/843040/

Comment

• unknown poster
                              Established Member
                              • Jan 2006

Dispite my earlier claims to the contrary, the Dewalt 3 piece router deal is not a hoax. I finally found one and bought it for $75. It's a display and missing a few parts, but from what I hear Dewalt has been replacing missing parts. I couldn't talk them down from $75 without involving the manager. The last HD manager I talked too refused to sell the display so I wasn't going to risk this one over a few bucks.

Comment

Working...