• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Hunter
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Lake Station, IN, USA.
    • BT3000 & BT3100

Sorry to hear that. I always have been very pleased with the bits I have purchased.
    John Hunter

Comment

• poolhound
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • BT3100

Likewise for me, I have been happy with the bits I have that are "Holbren" brand.

Briain, my day job is running my own marketing business, if there is anything I can do to help I would be happy to offer my support - you have given us plenty.
      Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
      techzibits.com

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Good luck Brian....you've always been more than fair to me. Just let me know If there's anything I can to do help.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Holbren
          • Oct 2004
          • Heathrow, FL.

Thanks Jon, I may take you up on that some day. For now, I'll focus more attention on the local industrial market but still keep my fingers in the consumer markets. I mention the batteries because I'm all about value. If I come across something that I think is a good value (like the Oshlun blades) I take a good look at it.

I'll be around, not going anywhere.
          Brian
          Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
          "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
          www.holbren.com

Comment

• poolhound
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2006
            • Phoenix, AZ
            • BT3100

Originally posted by Holbren
            Thanks Jon, I may take you up on that some day. For now, I'll focus more attention on the local industrial market but still keep my fingers in the consumer markets. I mention the batteries because I'm all about value. If I come across something that I think is a good value (like the Oshlun blades) I take a good look at it.

I'll be around, not going anywhere.
            No problem, the offer still stands. I do business and marketing consulting with both small and large companies; local businesses here in PHX as well as many around the US. Sometimes its good to just talk things through with somebody who doesnt have a vested interest - new perspectives etc etc....

If you want to chat just send me a PM or email. No Charge or commitment.

All the best
            Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
            techzibits.com

Comment

• Alex Franke
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2007
              • Chapel Hill, NC
              • Ryobi BT3100

My wife just called and said, "You just got two really big boxes in the mail." It could only be my new lifetime supply of router bits

Thanks again, Brian!
              online at http://www.theFrankes.com
              while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
              "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• ironhat
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2004
                • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

I believe that we all will still be doing business with you, Brian. Best of luck in your new endeavors!
                Blessings,
                Chiz

Comment

• TheRic
                  • Jun 2004
                  • West Central Ohio
                  • bt3100

Originally posted by Holbren
                  .. cost of developing a brand name...
                  Brian, not sure what you spent on your brand name. I feel that you had a great brand name, and the best advertising there is, word of mouth!! It might not have been the fastest method, but IMHO it's the best. I'll still buy from you from shear customer satisfaction!!
                  Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• turtlewood
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by TheRic
                    Brian, not sure what you spent on your brand name. I feel that you had a great brand name, and the best advertising there is, word of mouth!! It might not have been the fastest method, but IMHO it's the best. I'll still buy from you from shear customer satisfaction!!
                    And didn't you also get a favorable review on a recent FWW router bit test? In the article you were rated good and were the cheapest. Sounded like a great value proposition. I was hoping this exposure would help you out with establishing the brand.

Though I'm sure there is much more to getting it done than meets the eye. Good luck in the future.

-Kevin

Comment

• radhak
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2006
                      • Miramar, FL
                      • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

I received my Drawer Lock Bit and Multiform bit yesterday, way-too-fast shipping!

Brian, when I admired both of them for how solid they look and remembered how well my other Holbren bits have served me, I got a bit sad.

I personally have bought enough from you to keep me routing wood for years to come, but once you get out of the market, there's very few options for the newbie looking for good but low-price router bits. Yes, Whiteside is there, but I would not have been able to build my large inventory of bits as easily at their prices.

Anyway, thanks for all your offerings...
                      It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
                      - Aristotle

Comment

• DonHo
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2004
                        • Shawnee, OK, USA.
                        • Craftsman 21829

I got my bits from Brian today. I don't buy a lot of bits but almost all I have I've got from him, I hope he is able to stay in business, his service is tops.

DonHo
                        Don

Comment

Working...