• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

Thanks for the heads-up! Got a raised panel set and two different rail/style sets, all of which I'd been looking forward to acquiring for some time now. The flush-trim template bit I was also hoping to score vanished before I could get it in my cart, so only got to spend ~$60 Too good to pass up.
    Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• Schleeper
      Established Member
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by pelligrini
      I'm glad I jumped over there as soon as I saw the post this morning. There were just a couple bits that were sold out that I wanted. I picked up the dado set, round nose set, dovetail set, some pattern bits and a few others.

I almost felt guilty for adding in the BT310 code, almost...
      I felt that was piling on, so I refrained. Instead, in the comment section I mentioned that I'd heard about the sale on the BT3Central web site.
      "I know it when I see it." (Justice Potter Stewart)

Comment

• Holbren
        • Oct 2004
        • Heathrow, FL.

Originally posted by jussi
        I think since he was blowing out his inventory I doubt he'll be getting anymore.
        That is correct. If I find any stragglers, I'll let you know.
        Brian
        Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
        "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
        www.holbren.com

Comment

• jussi
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Holbren
          That is correct. If I find any stragglers, I'll let you know.

I'm in for a spiral upcut if you find one of those Brian. thanks
          I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• BigguyZ
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2006
            • Minneapolis, MN
            • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Wow- I'm really glad I jumped on this deal early. Luckily, I at least got that raised panel set I really wanted. Now I really need to finish (ok, start) my router table....

Comment

• gjat
              • Nov 2005
              • Valrico (Tampa), Florida.
              • BT3100

I got the joint making set. I was going to buy one soon anyway, at this price, what a deal. I couldn't resist the rail and stile set when the final price is what I was less than what I would have spent anyways. I can't believe anyone would also put in the BT code. Come on, Holbren's practically giving them away and you want another 10%? He's in this to make a bit of money, not to feed our tool addiction. Don't starve the golden goose.

All my decent bits are Holbren's. I've been more than satisfied. I disappointed he won't be selling his brand anymore. They're great for the price and the service is second to none. Thanks for the deal.

Comment

• Popeye
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2003
                • Woodbine, Ga
                • Grizzly 1023SL

Glad I was gone all day Only cost me $68 and I let Brian keep the 10%. He's been good to me over the years and this was a real good deal without the 10%. I hope this inventory sell down doesn't mean you're slipping out of the business Brian. Thanks, Pat
                Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• Hoyden
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2005
                  • Twin Falls, ID, USA.

Originally posted by jussi
                  Just curious, what situation do you use finger joints for? How are they any better than other joints?
                  join two lengths of wood together end to end. More glue surface stronger bond. look at the lower priced lengths of wood trim, casing etc. in the lumber yards they are finger jointed. you can paint over it and joint usually will not show. a small line and grain difference will show on the board where finger jointed.
                  PawPaw

Comment

• Knottscott
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2004
                    • Rochester, NY.
                    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Just spent a wad on wood today, so had to keep it to $20.
                    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• jovani
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Aug 2007

Holbren future ?

Hey Brian, any comments for your faithful customers at BT3? Can you give us an update in what we cab expect? Can you get your hands on more Holbren bits or ?
                      You have some folks that would love to place some rain check orders.

But if this is what we got, thank ful we are. This sale is like christmas in April.

Any other who missed out and have a dream list?

It looks like the BT3 family, forgot about the economy, or this is the result of an addiction to tools. Any woodworkers addiction psychologist out there?

Comment

• tbarn
                        Established Member
                        • Jun 2004
                        • PA, USA.
                        • BT3100

I should have ordered yesterday when I got the email, but I waited and now only got 1/2 of what I planned on. Only spent $20
                        Prices are great as always and customer service was excellent.

Comment

• kevincan
                          Established Member
                          • Oct 2006
                          • Central Illinois
                          • Craftsman 21829

I ordered the joint making set. I have been thinking about getting this set for a while. A lot of items were already gone by the time I ordered.

Kevin

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2003
                            • SoCal, USA
                            • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

Originally posted by kevincan
                            I ordered the joint making set. I have been thinking about getting this set for a while. A lot of items were already gone by the time I ordered.

Kevin
                            Woodnet members will quickly buy up these type of deals. All the ones i wanted were sold out.
                            Andrew

Comment

• Holbren
                              • Oct 2004
                              • Heathrow, FL.

To those that asked, this is the end of the Holbren bits. There are many reasons but the main two are the quantities I have to purchase at one time which always limited the offering and cost of developing a brand name. Those full page ads people like MLCS run are at least $10K a pop depending on the magazine, number of issues and other dealings. The market is just too saturated for that much investment even though I believe the product and price points are better.

I'm going to keep selling the Whiteside product and approached Woodstock Int'l on their Roman Carbide brand but they want as much as I pay Whiteside and that ain't gonna happen. That was always the problem, importers wanted as much as the better brands.

Thanks all for the support. I'll still be around just reinventing I guess you can say. I'll use some of the cash from this deal to put more Whiteside SKU's in stock and have a line on some nice low cost cordless battery packs that I'll take a run at.
                              Brian
                              Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
                              "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
                              www.holbren.com

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 2006
                                • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
                                • BT3100

i am sorry to hear that you are going to have to stop the holbren name brand of router bits. you are right about the big ads, they do require a lot of money.

good luck with the batteries and anything else that you sell!

regards,

Comment

Working...