• Show
Clear All
  • Eagan
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006
    • bloomington, IN
    • rigid r4512

Sunhill Machinery Sale

I assume that this is not news to anyone but me. I was looking for a jointer I could buy without breaking the bank. A $99.00 bench jointer drew my eye. From the reviews I've read, the quality of these tools are acceptable. Anyone else got any opinions?

http://www.sunhillmachinery.com/Hot%20Deals.htm
    Last edited by Eagan; 05-01-2008, 01:18 PM. Reason: Forgot the link
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

those benchtop jointers, no matter who makes them, are only going to be good for boards of 3-4 feet long at the maximum. Beware! You're going to want a bigger one, after a short while.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by LCHIEN
      those benchtop jointers, no matter who makes them, are only going to be good for boards of 3-4 feet long at the maximum. Beware! You're going to want a bigger one, after a short while.
      Agreed. If price is the driving factor, I'd look for a used stationary model, or even a new Central Machinery jointer from HF on sale for ~ $180. If space is the issue, the bench jointers are better than nothing IMO.

FWIW, Sunhill is a reputable company.
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

I dont know that one but I do have the Delta BT jointer. As already stated they arent great for long boards but they do work. You may have to do some work to get the tables perfectly aligned and the fence square but when you do they work well.

I would like a full size but still have a room issue - One day maybe.
        Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
        techzibits.com

Comment

Working...