• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • annunaki
    • Jan 2008
    • White Springs, Florida
    • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

Grizzly Forstner 16 piece sale

Grizzly Industrial, Inc. is a national retail and internet company providing a wide variety of high-quality woodworking and metalworking machinery, power tools, hand tools and accessories. By selling directly to end users we provide the best quality products at the best price to professionals and hobbyists.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif
  • TheRic
    • Jun 2004
    • West Central Ohio
    • bt3100

Are these a good set at a good price?
    Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

The Grizzly

Looks identical to this set from HF which is $35.
      1/4 to 2-1/8 16-piece set
      Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

which , I have and works reasonably well. So $21 would be a great deal if it was the same.
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-05-2008, 12:25 AM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

HF also has their 20-piece TiN set on sale now for $29, but is Internet only (means no coups and add shipping, but also deduct sales tax). The HF 16-piece TiN set is in the stores, and also on sale.

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
          HF also has their 20-piece TiN set on sale now for $29, but is Internet only (means no coups and add shipping, but also deduct sales tax). The HF 16-piece TiN set is in the stores, and also on sale.
          Add ~ $8 shipping for the Griz set too. I know some of the Griz forstners were highly rated but they've got so many sets it's hard to know which is which. MLCS has a similar set for $29 shipped. Dunno about the quality of any of them....I orderd a Grip 16 pc set of TiN Forstners from Took King....$32 shipped after $10 off $25 code that was posted here last night. Time will tell if they're any good!
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Holbren
            • Oct 2004
            • Heathrow, FL.

Fine Woodworking gave the Grizzly's best buy but they show a price of $30 for a 16 piece set so it must be these I think. The description shows them as a better bit.

Grizzly Industrial, Inc. is a national retail and internet company providing a wide variety of high-quality woodworking and metalworking machinery, power tools, hand tools and accessories. By selling directly to end users we provide the best quality products at the best price to professionals and hobbyists.
            Brian
            Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
            "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
            www.holbren.com

Comment

• wardprobst
              • Jan 2006
              • Wichita Falls, TX, USA.
              • Craftsman 22811

I have both HF and Grizzly- main advantage to the G is the hex shank. Other than that, quality is similar, with a slight edge to G. The hex shank is a big advantage IMO.
              DP
              www.wardprobst.com

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by wardprobst
                I have both HF and Grizzly- main advantage to the G is the hex shank. Other than that, quality is similar, with a slight edge to G. The hex shank is a big advantage IMO.
                DP
                I would agree with that comment, my next set would be one with hex shanks. Every so often with big bits and hard wood I'll spin the bit and have to crank down harder on the chuck than I'd like to.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA
                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...