• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eezlock
    • Feb 2006
    • Charlotte,N.C.
    • BT3100

HF update.... bargain alert???

Saw this yesterday....just got in a new HF catalogue on page 41 a big surprize! A Delta 3hp left tilt saw with a Biese 50" commercial fence system,cast iron extensions (2) and a right side table extension...
    all for the amazing price of $2199.00, wow! big sale here huh? I was wondering when they would start selling some Delta saws, on the opposite page they have the Delta planer 12 1/2" size for $219.99. Go figure....what is next? They also have the Dewalt 12" scms....big deal. Though everyone would like to see this for sure. Would like to have that saw, (Delta)...but not at that price..........eezlock
  • jgscott987
    Established Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Greensboro, NC, USA.
    • BT3100 +

I see this kind of thing pretty frequently at HF- name-brand items at a high price. Have seen Delta, DeWalt, Makita, etc.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

I've always seen name brand tools at HF, both new and refurb, but never anything close to a bargain, much cheaper elsewhere. Don't really understand it...

Maybe they just carry a few, if they sell it, then they make a killing. They might sell it to a frustrated someone who just brought back his third central machinery planer that sucks.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

I think they just put 'em in there at fat prices to make their own crap look like a better deal...

Comment

• sweensdv
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • WI
          • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Every now and then they do offer some name brands tools at bargain prices. They recently had the NIB Porter Cable 333 ROS for $26. I also remember that at one time they had pretty good pricing on reconditioned Makita LS1013's.

When the HF retail store here first opened up they had some name brand tools on the shelf. Now, they don't stock anything but their own stuff.

Comment

• joekj
            Forum Newbie
            • Feb 2004

IIRC I bought a NIB worm drive skill saw from HF for less than $100.

Comment

Working...