• Show
Clear All
  • ragswl4
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Winchester, Ca
    • C-Man 22114

HF Corner Clamp with Quick Release

Dropped by HF today and picked up two of these clamps. I have two from Sears (purchased at a garage sale) and they work pretty good. The HF price is $9.99 while Sears has them for $24.99. Only difference appears to be the color. Here is a link to the Sears model. The HF model does not show up on their website. Might be a new item. HF item # is 38661. The quick release feature is extremely nice.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...y&sName=Clamps
    RAGS
    Raggy and Me in San Felipe
    sigpic
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by ragswl4
    The HF model does not show up on their website. Might be a new item. HF item # is 38661.

here it is. I paid $15 for it last year. Would definitely get more at $9

Greg

Comment

• ragswl4
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Winchester, Ca
      • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by Stormbringer
      here it is. I paid $15 for it last year. Would definitely get more at $9

Greg
      Great job finding the clamp. Guess I was looking on a local site or something as it didn't show up but sure enough that's the clamp!
      RAGS
      sigpic

Comment

• sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

I think that the reason you couldn't find it is that it's only available at the Harbor Freight brick and mortar stores. IIRC, that has been the reason in the past when an item can be found at "harborfreightusa.com" but not at "harborfreight.com".

BTW, I have a couple of those clamps and they work pretty well. I don't think I'd include them in the list of HF gems though. Takes me quite a bit of fiddling to get them to work right.

Comment

• ragswl4
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Winchester, Ca
          • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by sweensdv
          I think that the reason you couldn't find it is that it's only available at the Harbor Freight brick and mortar stores. IIRC, that has been the reason in the past when an item can be found at "harborfreightusa.com" but not at "harborfreight.com".

BTW, I have a couple of those clamps and they work pretty well. I don't think I'd include them in the list of HF gems though. Takes me quite a bit of fiddling to get them to work right.
          I would agree that they are not Gems. I have now noticed that the Sears version has a pad between the gripping surfaces where the HF ones do not although it would be easy to install some rubber pads on the HF. I have to fiddle with the Sears clamps as well but as I am building a ton of cabinets I have found these very handy for holding the carcases square and in position will I glue and screw them together.
          RAGS
          sigpic

Comment

• John Hunter
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Lake Station, IN, USA.
            • BT3000 & BT3100

I have two of these that I have been using for several years and have been very happy with them.
            John Hunter

Comment

• mater
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • SC, USA.

I bought 4 of these a few years ago from HF and they worked pretty good when I have used them.
              Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• Thom2
                Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
                • Jan 2003
                • Stevens, PA, USA.
                • Craftsman 22124

I have 8 of them, just used them last week doing carcass work for the router table ... work great for what I need them for.
                If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
                **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

I have some from several years back of both the HF and Sears variety.
                  Though the HF is a copy I would not call it an identical clone. There are differences in the quality quite evident and in some areas the Sears quality is much better (better finish and thicker materials), although they are both functional.
                  I mostly use my Bessey miter clamps now since finding a bunch of them on sale for $10.
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                  BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...