• Show
Clear All
  • Greg in Maryland
    Established Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Montgomery Village, Maryland
    • BT3100

Originally posted by thallikar
    Not really. The Naperville, IL store is still priced at 59.99$. So, the price varies from store to store ( as always with clearance stuff at Lowes).
    My lowes has them at $32.95. Reasonable, but not $12.00. They would not take the $12.00 price with out a receipt.

Thallikar, I tried to download your receipt and print it out, but there is no way I could get it to be large enough to be read. Is there anyone else who could scan their receipt? I hate to bother folks, but I would love to save $20 per stand.

Thanks.

Greg

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by Greg in Maryland
      My lowes has them at $32.95. Reasonable, but not $12.00. They would not take the $12.00 price with out a receipt.

Thallikar, I tried to download your receipt and print it out, but there is no way I could get it to be large enough to be read. Is there anyone else who could scan their receipt? I hate to bother folks, but I would love to save $20 per stand.

Thanks.

Greg
      I'll put a copy of receipt from a few minutes ago at York PA in your package.

Comment

• Bushmaster
        Forum Newbie
        • Apr 2007
        • Bellevue, Nebraska
        • Older Craftsman

Nebraska

My Lowes here showed 3 of them in stock, but at $32.95, and they wouldn't honor the $12.00..... oh well.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • York, PA, USA.

Scanned receipt attached.
          Last edited by Jeffrey Schronce; 07-29-2007, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• eezlock
            • Feb 2006
            • Charlotte,N.C.
            • BT3100

Delta mobile bases for $12.00...

Thanks for the heads up on those , after a couple of phone calls, a trip that took me to two different Lowe's in the area...I also got the last two in Charlotte area today for $12.00 + tax each. Sku # is 77260 for the former poster who wanted that info. Also, a store employee said that these are now a "non stock item" they are being discontinued.
            eezlock

Comment

• Lyle DeWalt
              Handtools only
              • Mar 2007

Thanks for posting the receipts. I called a local store and they said they had 3 in stock. Ran over there and the SAME guy said they had been sold yesterday.

Comment

• Greg in Maryland
                Established Member
                • Nov 2006
                • Montgomery Village, Maryland
                • BT3100

Thanks for the copies of the receipts and heads up. It worked like a charm and I was able to get two of them.

Greg

Comment

• JSUPreston
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • Montgomery, AL.
                  • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Lowe's here in Montgomery has 3 in stock @ $12. Well, now I have 3 in stock and Lowe's has an extra $36 plus taxes.

Let's see, one under the 3100, one under the Delta Jointer...that leaves me with one more. I think I may put it under the bandsaw, and rehab the Craftsman base I got with the saw, since it never has been quite right.

Man, what a steal...Amazon says that these things list at $82.05!

One question, what are you guys using for wood for the "runners" for this thing? I'm wondering if 3/4 ply glued up might work, rather than having to buy hardwood. The reason...I've got plenty of ply I can use, but I'm fresh out of hardwood.
                  "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• LYU370
                    Established Member
                    • Mar 2005
                    • Streamwood, IL.

Just picked up a couple at the Lincolnwood, IL store. Were marked at 32.95, tool manager wouldn't go that low, but told me to go to customer service and ask for the M.O.D. (Manager on Duty). Showed them the receipt, and they rang it up at $12.00 each. Schaumburg, IL has one listed and Elgin has 4 listed. Arlington Heights & Nortbrook have none. I got the last two from the Lincolnwood store.

Thanks for the heads up!
                    Andy

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2005
                      • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by JSUPreston
                      Lowe's here in Montgomery has 3 in stock @ $12. Well, now I have 3 in stock and Lowe's has an extra $36 plus taxes.

Let's see, one under the 3100, one under the Delta Jointer...that leaves me with one more. I think I may put it under the bandsaw, and rehab the Craftsman base I got with the saw, since it never has been quite right.

Man, what a steal...Amazon says that these things list at $82.05!

One question, what are you guys using for wood for the "runners" for this thing? I'm wondering if 3/4 ply glued up might work, rather than having to buy hardwood. The reason...I've got plenty of ply I can use, but I'm fresh out of hardwood.
                      I would suggest red/white oak or hard maple.

I guess you could use 4 layers of 3/4" ply to get to 1.5". But I dont know if it would be stronger or weaker. I'll let the plywood expert handle that question.

Comment

• mowildone
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Nov 2005

I have used 3/4" ply, two layers, glued and nailed without a problem on three of my five HF mobile bases. HF does not sell them anymore.

Comment

• JSUPreston
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2005
                          • Montgomery, AL.
                          • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

If SWMBO will let me play tonight, I may try the ply with the 3100. I figure that may be a good test, and the 3100 is light enough to handle by myself. I may also put a piece of ply on the "floor" of the stand as well. If nothing else, it can work as a shelf.

I'll try to let y'all know what I find out.
                          "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• phrog
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2005
                            • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Any Trials Yet

A couple years ago I bought four HF knockoffs of these and found they worked great for tools under a hundred pounds. But for my Ridgid jointer (about 250 lbs) and Delta Drill Press (about 225 lbs) the front feet of the bases scrape the floor and prevent any movement when the wheel turns. Just wondering if anyone has tried these on heavier tools and if they perform the same way. Thanks.
                            Richard
                            Richard

Comment

• bearwood
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Jul 2007

thanks for the receipt. thanks to you i was able to argue with the manager of the ny store and reduce his "firm" price of 60.00 per unit to the clearence price of 12.00 per. HE BLUFFED, i CALLED, AND HE FOLDED.

Thanks again.
                              lenny(bearwood)

Comment

• ironhat
                                Veteran Member
                                • Aug 2004
                                • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                                • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Scratch off Chambersburg, PA and Hagerstown, MD. None on hand per customer service, anyway.
                                Blessings,
                                Chiz

Comment

Working...