• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

I think that the story about them being recalled was shall we say........incorrect.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by sweensdv
      I think that the story about them being recalled was shall we say........incorrect.
      Well, that was 2 months ago and no one got one in that time period and it took that time before they became available again so, I would judge the "recall" story is probably correct.

It may not have been an actual recall, the defect may heve been so noticable that the first ones got returned and they stopped selling them immediatley without a formal recall.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jhart
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2004
        • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
        • BT3100

The person at the checkout counter when I picked mine up, said the first batch to arrive (6 units) were sold before they could figure out a place to put them. I suspect that they didn't plan on them going that fast or that much demand. The second batch (including mine) of 48 units were all sold on backorder. She did not indicate that there had been a recall on them.
        Joe
        "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• sweensdv
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • WI
          • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          Well, that was 2 months ago and no one got one in that time period and it took that time before they became available again so, I would judge the "recall" story is probably correct.

It may not have been an actual recall, the defect may heve been so noticable that the first ones got returned and they stopped selling them immediatley without a formal recall.
          The two that I've had since they first arrived at the HF store have worked non stop without a problem. I use them at least a few times a week and haven't noticed any defect in their operation. I inquired at the store about a recall on them and they said it was news to them. If there was a recall then the word didn't filter down to my local store. I'm guessing that it took two months for HF to place another order for more. Don't forget, HF uses the slowest boats from China.

Comment

• phrog
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2005
            • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Another Use

Used mine today to hold a chandelier on a chain while I screwed in the attached bracket and did the wiring. Worked great.
            Richard
            Richard

Comment

• ragswl4
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Winchester, Ca
              • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by LCHIEN

You are correct. I originated the post on this thread and I never said "recall".
              RAGS
              Raggy and Me in San Felipe
              sigpic

Comment

Working...