• Show
Clear All
  • bigdaddyjohn
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Fort Wayne, IN.
    • Jet 10" Contractor

Now you tell me? Are you kidding?

Now I have two dado sets. Neither opened. Is the Delta really worth a darn? Anybody else used this set?

Comment

• chavem33
      Forum Newbie
      • Jul 2007

I have been using this set for that last 3 weeks. It works great. Granite it is no dado king but for the price it is a great deal.

Comment

• docrowan
        • Mar 2007
        • New Albany, MS
        • BT3100

Based on the reviews I've seen on this forum, the Freud SD206 is probably superior to the Delta set. However, I don't know if anyone on the forum has actually owned and used both sets to do a side by side comparison. If you've already got both in hand unopened, I'd recommend sending the Delta back. I chose the Delta because of my very limited budget.

However, if you're willing to "take one for the team", why not open them both up and try a side by side. Then you could settle this question once and for all!
        - Chris.

Comment

• Richard
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by bigdaddyjohn
          Now you tell me? Are you kidding?

Now I have two dado sets. Neither opened. Is the Delta really worth a darn? Anybody else used this set?
          No I am not kidding. The Chinese made Delta dado set is not junk.

What you have to realize is that the Chinese can and do make quality items provided you specify exactly what it is that you want. As far as imports being junk, we can blame the unscrupulous american business man who is in it just for the money. Instead of spending an extra $1 to $2 for a quality product, he gets the cheapest price from the cheapest guy and it shows. When it comes to the import/export business and sourcing products, there is a whole other world out there and one that is purposely hidden from the consumer for some very good reasons. The bottom line? Don't be so quick to condemn the Chinese. Enjoy the cheap prices from China while it lasts. The Indian's have already learned what they can earn and are demanding higher wages so jobs are returning to the States as there is no financial reason to keep them in India. The same will happen with the Chinese provided we haven't sold off our manufacturing infrastructure as scrap. There are other social issues with making stuff here in the USA. There is OSHA, EPA, FTC, workers comp, and host of other issues that artificially raise the price of USA made goods.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Richard
            ... There are other social issues with making stuff here in the USA. There is OSHA, EPA, FTC, workers comp, and host of other issues that artificially raise the price of USA made goods.

I am no bleeding heart liberal but those costs of meeting regulations may actually be the true costs of production when the costs to the environment, and workers are factored in.

We may be getting a discount from China at the long term expense of exploiting their environment and workers, which they will have to pay off one day ( a long term political problem in china in exchange for a surge in economic power)

In some ways we went through this period in american history, and so did Europe.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• djkert
              Forum Newbie
              • Dec 2006

OK. Just got my Dado set. Does anyone know where the plans are to make a ZCTP for it. I've heard they are out there but have not been able to find them yet.

Also, I've never used a set before. Do you just push them together and make sure the teeth don't touch? Anything else to watch out for???

-Dennis

Comment

Working...