• Show
Clear All
  • bigdaddyjohn
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Fort Wayne, IN.
    • Jet 10" Contractor

Dewalt D26453k ROS

Found the following online price on the HD site. Not available online. Printed it off and took it to the store manager who matched the price. Had to show him the online site/price however. Regardless, for $39.66 I'll show him the price anyday! Better hurry, he's going to tell corporate soon.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...cStoreNum=2015
  • ryan.s
    • Feb 2006
    • So Cal
    • Ridgid TS3650

I'd say you got pretty lucky. I've been told by local HD that they don't match their own online prices. Haven't tried it with this sander but that's what I've heard from others as well.

Comment

• bigdaddyjohn
      Established Member
      • Jan 2006
      • Fort Wayne, IN.
      • Jet 10" Contractor

This store won't match either. They only did it because the ad says it's not available online but rather in the stores only. He said there was no way to argue that fact.

Comment

• ryan.s
        • Feb 2006
        • So Cal
        • Ridgid TS3650

Nice catch, I would have loved to have seen the look on the manager's face. That's too funny. Looks like they removed it from their website. The item still comes up if you do a search but when you click on it there is no description.

Comment

• davidtu
          • Apr 2006
          • Seattle, WA
          • BT3100

Seems to me if it is not available online then it is an in-store price that should be honored. I will give it a try. But, I guess their out is that it also says in-store price may not match displayed prices, which would make this page rather silly.
          Never met a bargain I didn't like.

Comment

• Stormbringer
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Floral Park, NY
            • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by ryan.s
            Looks like they removed it from their website. The item still comes up if you do a search but when you click on it there is no description.
            Home Depot's site makes it very hard to link to particular items....even if you cut and paste the exact link. Always defaults to a generic search page or their department list page. Don't know if that's the same case here since you mention the lack of description (haven't checked yet - not in the market for a sander). I'll try to get the exact link.

Good luck,
            Greg

EDIT: Still here but as ryan said, no description when you click it.

Try this link instead:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?keyword=dewalt+sander&onlineStore=false&lan gId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&marketID=208&locSt oreNum=2015
            Last edited by Stormbringer; 06-19-2007, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Thom2
              Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
              • Jan 2003
              • Stevens, PA, USA.
              • Craftsman 22124

Interesting ... I click "check local store" ... and this is what I got ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	781321

notice the "not sold online" .. and "sold in your local store" options ... *hmmm* ...
              If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
              **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Liberty, SC, USA.
                • Ridgid TS3650

Thanks for the post. I have the non VS model and it is a great sander. The DC is the best I have seen. I'll be checking the 2 local stores for this one.

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Liberty, SC, USA.
                  • Ridgid TS3650

Uh-oh.
                  On the HD site search for SKU 161770, it returns 2 B&D jigsaws and the dewalt sander, all with the same SKU and price. Bet they will say it's a typo.

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Liberty, SC, USA.
                    • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Ken Massingale
                    Uh-oh.
                    On the HD site search for SKU 161770, it returns 2 B&D jigsaws and the dewalt sander, all with the same SKU and price. Bet they will say it's a typo.
                    Yep, they're claiming a typo and they have a disclaimer.
                    The manager did offer to split the difference which I thought was a decent compromise.

Comment

• skruffy
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Apr 2006
                      • Boston

I tired to pick one up this morning, but they wouldn't honor the price. I'm disappointed that I couldn't buy a nice sander for a good price, but I'm really upset about how I was treated. Please excuse the longish post, I need to get this off my chest.

First a cashier suggested that I was simply buying it to return it elsewhere without a receipt and get the difference back. While I had not thought of that, I suppose it could be done, but you do not make an accusation like that unless you know that is what someone is doing. I am a very honest person and I was there with the honest intention of saving some money on a new tool.

Then when I spoke to the manager, he was rude and arrogant. All he could say was "no" and had no interest in explaining a policy or anything else, just saying "no" again. His tone and manner were very condescending and he hardly even bothered to look at me.

I understand that mistakes get made and I can live with not getting the sander. But the way I was treated will keep me from going back to Home Depot. There is a Lowes just as close to home and they'll be getting all of my business from now on.

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Liberty, SC, USA.
                        • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by skruffy
                        I tired to pick one up this morning, but they wouldn't honor the price. I'm disappointed that I couldn't buy a nice sander for a good price, but I'm really upset about how I was treated. Please excuse the longish post, I need to get this off my chest.

First a cashier suggested that I was simply buying it to return it elsewhere without a receipt and get the difference back. While I had not thought of that, I suppose it could be done, but you do not make an accusation like that unless you know that is what someone is doing. I am a very honest person and I was there with the honest intention of saving some money on a new tool.

Then when I spoke to the manager, he was rude and arrogant. All he could say was "no" and had no interest in explaining a policy or anything else, just saying "no" again. His tone and manner were very condescending and he hardly even bothered to look at me.

I understand that mistakes get made and I can live with not getting the sander. But the way I was treated will keep me from going back to Home Depot. There is a Lowes just as close to home and they'll be getting all of my business from now on.
                        Contact HD corporate. They want and need to know about crap like that.

Comment

• Stan
                          • Mar 2004
                          • Kalispell, MT, USA.
                          • BT3100, Delta 36-717

Worked out well here... they did look all over the web page printout for "Limit 1 per customer" -- couldn't find it so I walked out for 2 for less than the price of one....
                          From the NW corner of Montana.
                          http://www.elksigndesigns.com

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Liberty, SC, USA.
                            • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Stan
                            Worked out well here... they did look all over the web page printout for "Limit 1 per customer" -- couldn't find it so I walked out for 2 for less than the price of one....
                            Good for you, Stan.
                            What got me was a fill-in manager and the print out saying 'Local store prices may vary from those displayed. '
                            I was happy with the compromise anyway.
                            I see the product is not available now.

Comment

• davidtu
                              • Apr 2006
                              • Seattle, WA
                              • BT3100

Scored one in Seattle area. They looked on the computer at customer service and said there were 7 in stock. But when I went to the tool section, the guy there had never heard of the model--they didn't have it on display; he'd "never seen one there since he started working there" about a year ago. While he's telling me he never heard of it, my eyes headed north to the racks and my gaze happened to settle right on one.

Back to customer service and they were going to honor the price... but then when she saw it was more than 50% off, she had to call some manager; I was nervous it wasn't going to work, but they did honor it and out I went.

So, if you are in the area, and want to get one, the Home Depot on Aurora Ave in Shoreline has them. If you stand looking at the display of sanders, look to your right up high on the racks and they have some up there. Good luck!
                              Never met a bargain I didn't like.

Comment

Working...