• Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Some Random Father's Day Bargains

There are tons of Father's Day deals going on...here's a couple that caught my eye:

Holbren 20% (FD20) -
    • Ridge Carbide TS2000 ~ $72 shipped
    • Tenryu Gold Medal ~ $72 shipped
    • Tenryu RS25550 ~ $36 shipped
    Amazon 20% (2OOFFJUN ) -
    • Delta T2 fence - $120 shipped
    • Vega U26 fence ~ $155 shipped
    • Incra V27 ~ $44 shipped
    Infinity Tool 10%/15%/20% for $100/$200/$300 (Father10, Father15, Father20) -
    • Contractor's Dadonator Plus! Set $199.66 shipped: (makes the 2 10" blades nearly free...)
      • 10" Combomax Lite 50T TK
      • 10" 24T FTG TK ripper
      • 8" Dadonator dado set
    Hartville Tool 20% off measuring tools (plus 20% on non sale items for Woodnet members - enter or mention Woodnet20)
    • Wixey Angle Gauge ~ $32 (plus s/h)

What's caught your eye?
    Last edited by Knottscott; 06-14-2007, 09:15 AM.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
  • davidtu
    • Apr 2006
    • Seattle, WA
    • BT3100

Dusty, are you trying to give us a hint?? Have a Happy Father's Day!

Btw, is the code Woodnet or Woodnet20? JeffreySchronce posted the former as the code.

I also came across this other angle gauge that looks the same as the Wixey, for the same price. Anyone know if one is better than the other?

http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/12511
    Last edited by davidtu; 06-14-2007, 01:49 PM.
    Never met a bargain I didn't like.

Comment

• Ocky
      Forum Newbie
      • Jun 2003

Neither code works for me...

Comment

• PittTrack
        Forum Newbie
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Dustmight
        [/LIST]Hartville Tool 20% off measuring tools (plus 20% on non sale items for Woodnet members - enter or mention Woodnet20) [LIST]
        [/COLOR][/B]
        Not to be ignorant but when did it change from 15% to 20%? I'm going to place an order in a month or so with them and while any discount is nice I just was curious.

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by PittTrack
          Not to be ignorant but when did it change from 15% to 20%? I'm going to place an order in a month or so with them and while any discount is nice I just was curious.
          I think the usual Woodnet 15% is 20% for father's day, so it's likely to be back to 15% soon.

Originally posted by Ocky
          Neither code works for me...
          The Hartville code is different than most...you enter it into the shipping comments (or mention it by phone), but it won't show up immediately on your order confirmation. It will however be reflected on your credit card. Here's the link from Hartville.
          Last edited by Knottscott; 06-14-2007, 04:22 PM.
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• bthere
            Established Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Alpharetta, GA

Originally posted by davidtu

I also came across this other angle gauge that looks the same as the Wixey, for the same price. Anyone know if one is better than the other?

http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/12511
            According to Jason at Hartville, Beall actually came up with the idea and was trying to manufacture it in China. They had some problems with the production facility that caused delays in their release, and Beall decided to change facilities. The original Chinese production facility then passed the idea on to Wixey as their own idea. Wixey thought it was great and went to production with it, not knowing that the idea originated at Beall.

Jason says the Beall is just as capable and accurate as the Wixey and wouldn't hesitate to recommend either one. He says the Beall is actually a little larger than the Wixey and runs off a 9V batter instead of a coin cell as in the Wixey.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by bthere
              According to Jason at Hartville, Beall actually came up with the idea and was trying to manufacture it in China. They had some problems with the production facility that caused delays in their release, and Beall decided to change facilities. The original Chinese production facility then passed the idea on to Wixey as their own idea. Wixey thought it was great and went to production with it, not knowing that the idea originated at Beall.

Jason says the Beall is just as capable and accurate as the Wixey and wouldn't hesitate to recommend either one. He says the Beall is actually a little larger than the Wixey and runs off a 9V batter instead of a coin cell as in the Wixey.
              Well, it's not unheard of that chinese factories run loose with intellectual property. But Beall did blow it somewhere becasue Wixey got at least a year's head start.
              Judging by the Hartville blurb, the meter has an additional decimal digit that displays 5 or 0 giving an extra .05 degree resolution but I think it's not all that helpful if the accuracy is like Wixeys.
              But it does appear that the Beall has magnets on at least two sides compared to 1 on the wixey (bottom) which may be an advantage, if nothing else, allowing you to read the display right side up sometimes.
              And finally, it appears that the Beall has a absolute zero mode so in addition to a relative angle meter its also an inclinometer or level.
              Last edited by LCHIEN; 06-14-2007, 04:49 PM.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...