• Show
Clear All
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Deleted Sorry........Part 2 Or RIDGID MSUV Sale

I'm not sure why Cheeky used Deleted Sorry for the title of his thread but I just wanted to make sure everyone has a chance to take advantage of this deal.

Home Depot has the RIDGID Miter Saw Utility Vehicle (MSUV) on sale for $99 again. I was at my local HD today and saw one. The MSUV was actually marked with a $99 price showing it marked down from the $149 price. If the past two years are any indication, this sale will only last a few days.
    Last edited by sweensdv; 02-22-2007, 05:54 PM.
    • Jul 2004
    • Twin Cities, MN
    • Jet JTAS10 Cabinet Saw

Not really related to the "bargain" side of the picture, but I have a MSUV and I like it.

However, I assembled mine on carpeting while watching a football game or something on TV and then proceeded to leave it there for 2 days while making a short work trip. When I came back and moved it to the shop where the rubber wheels had been the carpet was somewhat discolored. I suppose it should be common sense not to leave it on carpet but it wasn't something I thought about (not sure if I've ever had any other indoor items that use soft style rubber tires). This may not be an issue once they've aired out/seasoned/whatever a bit, but I haven't conducted a repeat experiment.

Comment

• Ken Massingale
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Liberty, SC, USA.
      • Ridgid TS3650

It's probably the best MSUV available, IMO.

(wondered about Cheeky's post title myself)

Comment

• Cheeky
        • Nov 2006
        • westchester cty, new york
        • Ridgid TS2400LS

Originally posted by Ken Massingale
        It's probably the best MSUV available, IMO.

(wondered about Cheeky's post title myself)
        I posted a coupon code from Amazon that disappeared before my eyes, so then I thought I could delete the post, but for some reason I wasn't able to.

So, then the MSUV deal came along, and I thought I would edit my "deleted sorry" post to reflect the MSUV deal. Well I typed Ridgid MSUV 99 bucks in the title and wrote a little somthing in the body, but the title still reflected "deleted sorry."

so once again i'm sorry
        Pete

Comment

• JimK
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2003
          • Fairless Hills, PA
          • BT3100

I bought one of these during a previous sale, and this thing is great. Especially if you don't have room for a dedicated Miter Saw table (like me). The holes in my CMS didn't line up with any existing holes in the MSUV, but that is no big deal, you can just drill as needed. I didn't want to drill holes in the table top because I knew I was going to be replacing my CMS in the future anyway. Instead I just cut a piece of plywood to size, drilled holes in it to match the tabletop, and then drilled holes in it to match my CMS as well. It folds/unfolds really easy with the saw loaded, and stores conveniently. It's solid and has served me well for a couple of years. At $99.00 it's a great deal. If you do a search on "RIDGID Miter Saw Utility Vehicle" you'll see that everyone has nothing but good to say about it...

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...p?pn=100093215

Jim K.

Comment

• bthere
            Established Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Alpharetta, GA

Add my vote for the MSUV.

This is the third year in a row at about this time that HD has put these at a special price with no advertisement . I was upset a couple of years ago when they had them at $99 and I missed by a day. I continued to watch, and about a year later at this time, they went on sale again. I got one and ditched my Craftsman miter saw stand. A world of difference and the mobility is the best out there. It's just too easy to fold and move even with a 12" SCMS.

Get one if you have any equipment that you would like to be able to move easily. When you have it folded up, it stands in a relatively small area even with my big/heavy SCMS on it. You move it around just like a hand truck and it rolls well with the large tires. Folding/unfolding requires no tools and once its set up, it is big, solid work platform.

I'm thinking that I'll get one for my lunch box planer.

Comment

• tohellwithuga
              Established Member
              • Jan 2007
              • GA

Yes! Been waiting for this sale. Running out to get one now... wait, no 24 hr HDs around here...

Comment

• dbarnett
                Established Member
                • Aug 2004
                • San Diego
                • JET-10CW2-PF 10 Contractor-Style Tablesaw

I would not hesitate.

I bought one last year. It has made it real easy to use my 12" Delta CMS. If you are limited in space and need to move tools, get one. I will pick up another for my Delta 13" planer.

Just imagine, open your garage door wheel your heavy tools like they are on a hand cart, set up shop on the drive way. With the adjustable feed rollers on each end, this really is a "no brainer".

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Liberty, SC, USA.
                  • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Cheeky
                  I posted a coupon code from Amazon that disappeared before my eyes, so then I thought I could delete the post, but for some reason I wasn't able to.

So, then the MSUV deal came along, and I thought I would edit my "deleted sorry" post to reflect the MSUV deal. Well I typed Ridgid MSUV 99 bucks in the title and wrote a little somthing in the body, but the title still reflected "deleted sorry."

so once again i'm sorry
                  Now, that's funny! You made a manly effort, Cheeky.

Comment

• M_Glasgow
                    Handtools only
                    • Oct 2005
                    • Tennessee
                    • BT3100

Is Sale in Specific Areas?

I just went to the Borg in Nashville, TN planning to get a Ridgid MSUV. They have several in stock but have not discounted them. They printed price stickers @ $149 while I watched. Is the sale limited to a specific area? Thanks.
                    Mike G

Comment

• drunkcat
                      Established Member
                      • Sep 2004
                      • Elgin IL
                      • BTK

Same thing in Indy. Still $149 on the sticer and I had one scanned and it rang up at $149.

Comment

• Istvan
                        Established Member
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Kristofor
                        Not really related to the "bargain" side of the picture, but I have a MSUV and I like it.

However, I assembled mine on carpeting while watching a football game or something on TV and then proceeded to leave it there for 2 days while making a short work trip. When I came back and moved it to the shop where the rubber wheels had been the carpet was somewhat discolored. I suppose it should be common sense not to leave it on carpet but it wasn't something I thought about (not sure if I've ever had any other indoor items that use soft style rubber tires). This may not be an issue once they've aired out/seasoned/whatever a bit, but I haven't conducted a repeat experiment.
                        So the point is???????????

Comment

• tohellwithuga
                          Established Member
                          • Jan 2007
                          • GA

Darn, seems to be regular price here (Lawrenceville, GA).

Comment

• JC507
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jan 2007

I called our local HD and they said the MSUV officially goes on sale tomorrow, but if I came in today he would give it to me at the $99 even though it is marked $149.

Comment

• Kristofor
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2004
                              • Twin Cities, MN
                              • Jet JTAS10 Cabinet Saw

Originally posted by Kristofor
                              <snip> When I came back and moved it to the shop where the rubber wheels had been the carpet was somewhat discolored. <snip>
                              Originally posted by Istvan
                              So the point is???????????

A cautionary tale/word of warning I guess.

Like I said, perhaps that should have been a no-brainer but I have two light yellow spots on the carpet that wouldn't have been there had I read a post like this the day I bought mine.

Comment

Working...