• Show
Clear All
  • Russianwolf
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
    • One of them there Toy saws

Originally posted by Adele
    I must agree with Lee somewhere this thread has gone very, very, wrong. Belly button link was sad enough, the thong I have learned to live with. Somehow this crochett thong has put me over the edge.

Please for the visions/nightmares I will be having for the next several days STOP!!!!!!!!

Adele
    oh, one of the girls crochetted a thong for a guy on the train one day. She only has about a 30 minute ride and she was done in no time.

I'll put an order in for you. I already have your address and I'll front the shipping if Sam will get a picture of the look on your face.

(been nice knowing you guys, I can feel the death rays all the way from Kentucky)
    Mike
    Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• Adele
      Established Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Midway, KY, USA.

Originally posted by Russianwolf
      oh, one of the girls crochetted a thong for a guy on the train one day. She only has about a 30 minute ride and she was done in no time.

I'll put an order in for you. I already have your address and I'll front the shipping if Sam will get a picture of the look on your face.

(been nice knowing you guys, I can feel the death rays all the way from Kentucky)

Sam is smarter than that. He likes a nice warm bed to sleep in

As for you remember I have powers..........

Comment

• Ed62
        The Full Monte
        • Oct 2006
        • NW Indiana
        • BT3K

This thread has garnered a lot of posts! I read the first post when it was posted, and I haven't been back to the thread until just now. FWIW, I sent mine via snail mail before the thread was started. Don't know if Sam and Adele received it yet or not, but it wasn't this thread that forced the issue. Since I don't have a lot of knowledge to share, but a lot to gain, it's certainly worth a few bucks.

Ed
        Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Black wallnut
          cycling to health
          • Jan 2003
          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
          • BT3k 1999

Originally posted by Crockett
          Interesting stuff. Its nice to see so much passion pouring out about the site. I am a patron and will sign on again in a few days when my subscription runs out (perhaps others are also coming due soon which should help increase the pot). After reading all the posts, as Gregg suggests, I feel that there are probably enough people who do appreciate the efforts of Sam and the mods to hit the goal (this is not the first campain) to keep the site going. Privatizing ANY portion of the site for those who pay sounds to me like unintentionally opening the door for future fees and charges to belong. For those who feel this site has a value and are able to give, great, for others who maybe aren't able to give, I'm happy to help keep it going for you, for those that may be stealing bargains, or somehow taking avantage of the site, well that's society. The intention to get more people to dontate is nice, but honestly I think it will happen without being pushy or trying to become exclusive.
          Al
          Originally posted by Stytooner
          I have pretty much kept my mouth shut and probably should still, but I feel there should not be any patrons only areas and especially not the bargain alerts. Guys are posting these bargains freely enough. In keeping with the spirit of which it was originally setup, it is to SHARE deals and info, not to hold such info hostage. I do understand that some may feel that because they missed out on a deal, it's because this info was available to all. Perhaps so, but that is why the whole forum exists. To freely share the info, whatever that may entail. This is the true spirit of this entire forum. This should not change. Any new Patrons or Members only perks should not include info of any type. To do so would encroach on our most valuable resource, which is sharing information that may ultimately benefit another, regardless of whether they are a Patron or not. Anyone that posts any useful information is a Patron IMHO. No one wears a crown around here. You can't count Adele's tiara.

I'm just calling it like I see it and everyone has an opinion, but I feel changing the status quo on this issue would be an error.

Before I get flammed for not reading the entire topic prior to posting......... and after only reading through these posts....

I've been a member of this site since the second week of Sam starting it so I think I can remember a bunch of it's history. I have never posted in "Bargin Alerts" and have only read it a few times. My shop is pretty much set up and due to lil' ones at home will most likely not change much for a number of years. This Site ever sice the first anniversary has been member funded and as such each year Sam has set a target and each time that target was met within a month or six weeks IIRC. There has never been anything close to an "us" vs "them" atmosphere on this site, and if there was I must be a "them" and am not aware of it! Like most other voluntary organizations those that choose to donate their time will and those of us that feel we need or can donate both time (by posting or replying to posts) and financially will do so. I for one do not look down upon those that do not contribute with dollars.

I have sold several of my jigs to non-members that found me through this fine forum. It has never been my intent to make a living selling jigs, which is a good thing but I think I have been able to help others solve their woodworking problems by selling the few that I have. Without this forum I have doubt that many of the ideas for jigs, mine and other's, would get much notice. If you look to Sam's reasons for starting the legacy of this forum SamConder.com jigs was what it was all about! My point in bringing this up is the fact that this forum from the get-go has been about the free exchange of information and ideas between woodworkers. Anything that would impeade this free exchange IMHO would be a bad thing.

FWIW Bargain Alerts, even though it gets plenty of traffic,
          IMHO was never intended to be the main focus of this forum but more a place where members could share what they have discovered so that others could save money in an otherwise expensive hobby. To make it somewhat exclusive, even with good intentions, would be counter productive.
          Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

Working...