• Show
Clear All
  • ragswl4
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Winchester, Ca
    • C-Man 22114

Bargain?? HF DC Bags

Don't know if this is a bargain or not but wanted to post it for information purposes. Today I purchased an upper and lower 1 micron bag for the HF Dust collector for $59.95+shipping (UPS). Thanks to some threads on this forum I contacted Process Systems and spoke with Ken who was very helpful. The bags are 16oz felt.
    RAGS
    Raggy and Me in San Felipe
    sigpic
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

http://www.grizzly.com/products/g5556

these bags are 0.3 micron and fit the 20" ring on the HF 2HP DC.
    They re $24.95 or $50 per pair. I think the "2.5 micron" in the text is a typo, they probably copied the text from the G5557, but you should check and make sure before you buy them.

P.S. Ok the .3 micron in the item description is whats wrong, not the text.
    Don't get these then, they're 2.5 micron cut.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-30-2007, 04:52 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• sweensdv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • WI
      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

I don't know for sure but I think Grizzly got caught with their pants down when they claimed and advertised that the G5556 was a 0.3 micron bag and had to change it to the currently advertised 2.5 micron rating. I seem to recall reading somewhere that in order for these bags to get to the 0.3 micron level there has to be a pretty good layer of sawdust on the inside of the bag which would mean the DC wasn't operating at full air flow capacity.

I happen to have the G5556 on my HF DC and am very pleased with the performance it gives me. Sometimes I wonder if some of those micron ratings by various companies aren't a lot like the HP ratings we used too see, and to some extend still see, when it comes to rating motors.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • York, PA, USA.

The cool thing about the Process Systems bags is that they will custom design them for you. My old HF unit had bags that looked like a hot air balloon on top! They are great, heavy duty bags.

Comment

• tsbrewers
          Established Member
          • Mar 2006

Count me in on the PS systems bags. Very well made, my only beef is the bottom bag seemed like it was about 1-1/2" too short. I put a couple 2x4's under it so it would be able to be clamped on.

Brew

Comment

• ragswl4
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Winchester, Ca
            • C-Man 22114

Grizzly DC bags

Here is the reply from Grizzly regarding the $25.00 bags.

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your email dated January 30, 2007.

We appreciate your interest in our products. The G5556 is a 2.5-micron bag
            that is made from a woven material, similar to felt.

If we may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
            You are a valued customer and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Delores
            Customer Service
            Grizzly Industrial Inc

Think I will stick with Process Systems bags.
            RAGS
            Raggy and Me in San Felipe
            sigpic

Comment

• dtam
              Established Member
              • Mar 2006
              • santa clara, CA
              • delta 36-675

To my surprise, I was able to return my 1 year old used Grizzly G5556 bags for a full refund. Grizzly even reimbursed my shipping cost to ship the old bags back to them. So for those who bought them thinking they were .3um you can try returning them for a full refund.

I used the refund to purchase custom bags from Process Systems. They've gone up slightly - $69.95 for upper/lower bags plus shipping. They charged me $30 for shipping even though the guy on the phone said shipping was $9.95 - I'll have to call them to fix it.

Comment

• ssmith1627
                • Dec 2005
                • Corryton, TN, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3100

Can you give me an item # on the process systems bags ? Looks like they have a thousand to choose from !

Thanks,
                Steve

Comment

• whitecobra
                  Established Member
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 3 Miles from Disney in Orlando
                  • BT3K with most accessories

For $90 you can eliminate the bags all together and go with Wynn's cartridge system

0.5 microns and no hassle simply toss the plastic bag when it needs to be and put a new one on

http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm

Dr Dave
                  Newest site to learn woodworking, DIY and Home Renovation.
                  www.onlineshopclass.com built by woodworkers for woodworkers and supported by the industry so everyone wins

If you are in the Orlando area contact me lets get together and talk saw dust (or food or anything else you like except sports)

My wife and I are National Food Judges so we CAN talk food with the best.

Dr Dave

Comment

Working...