Ditto same message here.
      John Hunter

Comment

• BigguyZ
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2006
        • Minneapolis, MN
        • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Well the website shows that they may have more in stock tomorrow. I think I have a better change ordering them online then looking for them in the local store.

Comment

• sacherjj
          Not Your Average Joe
          • Dec 2005
          • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
          • BT3100-1

As given in the other thread, free shipping code through March is now: RTA60
          Joe Sacher

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
            Veteran Member
            • May 2005
            • IL, USA.
            • DELTA 36-675

Went to Rockler store in Schaumburg, Il store for lunch and luckily they just got delivery and was actually unloading it. There are a total of two pallets of these. The clamps are package in boxes, there are 3 clamps per box. I ended up grabbing 2 boxes of these. So if you live in the Chicagoland area and want some of these clamps, go to the store and grab some while they last. 4 other gentlemen each with two boxes that were checking out while I was there. Good luck!
            Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• DaveW
              Established Member
              • Jul 2004
              • So Cal.

D A M N you all! May your wallets get lighter with more deals too!

I now have eight clamps headed my way.

Out of curiosity, how does one specify Sam/BT3's affiliate code, as well as the free shipping one? I used Sam's link, but had to change the code for free shipping; I left a comment with Sam's AF362 code and asked them to credit him with the purchase.

Comment

• wolrahtheold

Received mine

But while at the price they're ok, they are pretty shabby. They will work, but sitting next to my old USA made 10" handscrew clamps they are blushing with shame. If you're careful not to cut yourself on the cheesy ferrules or get splinters from the clamp bodies (oak, not traditional maple) you should be ok.

As always, Rockler's service was great, and the clamps really are ok for the price--but they're not a deal, they're $4.50 clamps.

Comment

• Stormbringer
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2005
                  • Floral Park, NY
                  • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by wolrahtheold
                  But while at the price they're ok, they are pretty shabby. They will work, but sitting next to my old USA made 10" handscrew clamps they are blushing with shame. If you're careful not to cut yourself on the cheesy ferrules or get splinters from the clamp bodies (oak, not traditional maple) you should be ok.

As always, Rockler's service was great, and the clamps really are ok for the price--but they're not a deal, they're $4.50 clamps.
                  Glad I resisted to get more that the two I ordered. Thanks for the review.

greg

Comment

• RagerXS
                    • Feb 2003
                    • Brookline, NH, USA.

Try Harbor Freight

I got some of these F-clamps from HF a while back and they are fantastic. I think they are bigger than the ones Rockler is offering, but I'd have to measure to be sure (14" rings a bell, but not 100% sure). Mine appear to be maple and are well made.

~ Fred

Comment

• BigguyZ
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 2006
                      • Minneapolis, MN

When I last went into HF (a couple of days ago), they had 6" handscrews for $2.50. I bought a couple of 'em. The 8 and 10" models weren't on sale.

Comment

• BigguyZ
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2006
                        • Minneapolis, MN

Originally posted by wolrahtheold

Well I'm not an expert, but my clamps are definitely NOT oak. Also, they aren't shabby at all. The ferruls are tight and don't have any sharp edges, and really only one corner is a bit chipped. I think they're a definite deal. I don't think I needed more than the 2 I ordered, but I definitely don't regret the purchase.

Comment

• John Hunter
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2004
                          • Lake Station, IN, USA.
                          • BT3000 & BT3100

Originally posted by BigguyZ
                          Well I'm not an expert, but my clamps are definitely NOT oak. Also, they aren't shabby at all. The ferruls are tight and don't have any sharp edges, and really only one corner is a bit chipped. I think they're a definite deal. I don't think I needed more than the 2 I ordered, but I definitely don't regret the purchase.
                          Got mine today and I agree they are great.
                          John Hunter

Comment

• sacherjj
                            Not Your Average Joe
                            • Dec 2005
                            • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
                            • BT3100-1

I don't know if I can certify that mine are Maple (although they look close) it is definitely not Oak as well. The ferrules are only slightly cheesy, but they look very serviceable at under $5 a piece.
                            Last edited by sacherjj; 01-11-2007, 08:44 AM.
                            Joe Sacher

Comment

• Woodshark
                              Established Member
                              • May 2006
                              • Atlanta

Mine just arrived today and for the price I'm very please.

BTW, you need to check your invoice. I got the free shipping when ordering but I checked my invoice and they charged my card an extra $7.99 for S&H.

A quick call to Rockler and they said they will credit it back.
                              sigpic

Comment

• John Hunter
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 2004
                                • Lake Station, IN, USA.
                                • BT3000 & BT3100

Originally posted by Woodshark
                                Mine just arrived today and for the price I'm very please.

BTW, you need to check your invoice. I got the free shipping when ordering but I checked my invoice and they charged my card an extra $7.99 for S&H.

A quick call to Rockler and they said they will credit it back.
                                Just rechecked my invoice and no charges for shipping.
                                John Hunter

Comment

Working...