HTC2000 Universal Mobile Base $36.99

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SHADOWFOX
    Veteran Member
    • May 2005
    • 1232
    • IL, USA.
    • DELTA 36-675

    #1

    HTC2000 Universal Mobile Base $36.99

    Amazon currently has the HTC HTC2000 Universal Mobile Base for $36.99 after the 10% off all tool accessories sold by Amazon.com.. This is the lowest price I've seen on this mobile base. I have two of these and I am pretty happy with them.
    Chris

    "The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.
  • ironhat
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • 2553
    • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
    • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

    #2
    Hey Chris, it looks like the wheels are pretty small. I'd like to use one for a jointer but this scares me a little. I have one of the units that has the two stationery wheels in the back but only one tilting wheel actuated with a large pedal in front. It doesn't work very well with the jointer - seems like the machine is too heavy and the front wheel refuses to track properly. What do you think? What machines do you have them under?
    TIA,
    Chiz
    Blessings,
    Chiz

    Comment

    • SHADOWFOX
      Veteran Member
      • May 2005
      • 1232
      • IL, USA.
      • DELTA 36-675

      #3
      Chiz,

      The two HTC2000 mobile base that I have are being used for the following machines in my shop:

      Craftsman 14" Bandsaw Model # 22401
      Delta 17-968 Floor Drill Press (Behemoth drill press)

      My Delta X5 Jointer came with a free mobile base courtesy of Amazon matching an outdated toolcrib catalogue.
      Chris

      "The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

      Comment

      • Jeffrey Schronce
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • 3822
        • York, PA, USA.
        • 22124

        #4
        I have a 450lb Delta Planer on an HTC2000. Works fine and the planer is the one tool in my shop that gets moved around a lot.
        What is the footprint of your jointer? WOuld you need the extension rails to make it long enough?
        Edit : And that is a great price!
        Attached Files

        Comment

        • sweensdv
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • 2873
          • WI
          • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

          #5
          I have one of these units and sitting on it I have a Workmate clone and router table. Unfortunately, I find it actually is fairly easy to move around when it is in the down position which is not a good thing. My guess is its because the Workmate clone and the router table don't have that much weight between them which causes this combination to be top heavy. I'm sure that with a heavier tool mounted on it the base would be very solid but for lighter objects its not very stable.
          _________________________
          "Have a Great Day, unless you've made other plans"

          Comment

          • Jeffrey Schronce
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • 3822
            • York, PA, USA.
            • 22124

            #6
            Originally posted by sweensdv
            I have one of these units and sitting on it I have a Workmate clone and router table. Unfortunately, I find it actually is fairly easy to move around when it is in the down position which is not a good thing. My guess is its because the Workmate clone and the router table don't have that much weight between them which causes this combination to be top heavy. I'm sure that with a heavier tool mounted on it the base would be very solid but for lighter objects its not very stable.
            Do you have the leg height adjustments set correctly? That makes a big difference. Just a thought.

            Comment

            • LCHIEN
              Super Moderator
              • Dec 2002
              • 22084
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

              #7
              I have three HTC units - one on the BT3000/folding outfeed table weighing probably 150-160 lbs with a lot of weight in the back due to the folding table.
              One on a 165# 12" delta bandsaw and one on a 220# delta 6" jointer.
              Works fine on all machines.
              it has four wheels - 2 fixed and two swiveling/lifting - and the trick is flipping first one then the other wheel raising lever to get the machine up.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

              Comment

              • SARGE..g-47

                #8
                I have a 12" Jet BS with a heavy home-made base on the HTC 2000. I have a birch base router table and cabinet on one. I have a 6" Sunhill jointer on one. I have a Delta 13 1/2" planer with heavy homemade base on one.

                They work fine, but..... I wouldn't put my Steel City 18" BS or a 8" jointer on the 2000. I personally think they are great up to about 250 lbs. or so, but would go to the Heavier 3000 or another more stable base when exceeding 250 lbs. Just my take based on what I've experienced..

                Regards...

                Comment

                • sweensdv
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 2873
                  • WI
                  • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
                  Do you have the leg height adjustments set correctly? That makes a big difference. Just a thought.
                  Jeffrey, I thought of that also and played around with them a bit. I adjusted them to the point that if I went any further I wouldn't be able to lift the front wheels off the ground at all. It did help some but it didn't eliminate the sliding altogether. I also added some sand bags which also helped.
                  _________________________
                  "Have a Great Day, unless you've made other plans"

                  Comment

                  Working...