• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aimlesssoul
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2005
    • Illinois, Will County

Amazon and the Porter Cable 423MAGR

I found two prices on Amazon for a refurb unit one from Amazon for 74.99 with Super saver Shipping ($0) and the other from jamerslimber1926 w/ ASIN: B0001GUEKY. Amazon did a price match which brought it down to $58.45 and then I applied for a credit cardand they took another $30.00 off so I got this tool for a net landed cost of $28.45. If you want one you need that ASIN number which I included. Good luck.
    I am in shape. Round is a shape!
  • BBret
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2006

The price is currently $128.83. You got a good deal. That item is one of the few "too low to display" items.

-Bret
    Search my price history on tools from Amazon.com.

Comment

• mpauly
      Established Member
      • Apr 2006
      • NJ

I'll give it a try tomorrow, but usually they include the total cost including shipping when calculating the price match. We'll see what happens.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

I look at this post/thread there's no link to the item and no clue as to what it is. It would help future searchers to put the item decription or name in the title and the text body! A link would be a great bonus. Thanks.

P.S. I still don't what it is and I'm too tired to look it up and see if i'm interested.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
          Veteran Member
          • May 2005
          • IL, USA.
          • DELTA 36-675

Sounds like a great deal! However, I can't find the refurbished saw from Amazon. What was the ASIN # for the amazon refurb item?
          Last edited by SHADOWFOX; 08-03-2006, 12:26 AM.
          Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• asdf
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by LCHIEN
            I look at this post/thread there's no link to the item and no clue as to what it is. It would help future searchers to put the item decription or name in the title and the text body! A link would be a great bonus. Thanks.

P.S. I still don't what it is and I'm too tired to look it up and see if i'm interested.
            It's a circular saw, click the "too low to display" link, or search PC's website for the part number.

Comment

• Aimlesssoul
              Forum Newbie
              • Dec 2005
              • Illinois, Will County

ASIN for the refurb 423Mag....

The one I purchased for 74.99 has an ASIN of B0006VWUXS with SSS (free)

The one that I priced matched + 10% has an ASIN B0001GUEKY for 64.95.

Sorry for not including this in the original. Thought finding the Amazon item would be easier.

Comment

• mpauly
                Established Member
                • Apr 2006
                • NJ

It's a porter cable left blade circular saw that gets excellent reviews. This item is factory reconditioned, but many have been happy with it as well.

This is the link to amazon's item for $74.99 with free shipping:
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...458451?ie=UTF8

At the bottom of this link you'll see the same item for sale by jameslumber1926 for $64.95, but shipping is $12.99
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...458451?ie=UTF8

If you can get Amazon to pricematch the $64.95 without having them add in the shipping, you'll get the saw for $63.94 with free shipping because they give you an additional 10% off the difference. Not sure how the OP got it for $58.45 (that would be an additional 10% off the original price, not the difference).

I just tried the price match and they included the shipping of $12.99 (plus any tax if you live in MI), so that put the price over the Amazon price. No price match.

Might try calling back later to see if a different service rep will give a different answer. Still, for $75 shipped from amazon, it seems like a good deal. These go for $85 shipped on e-bay.

Comment

• Aimlesssoul
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Dec 2005
                  • Illinois, Will County

Amazon sucks you in with price and then.....

It turns out the lower price is a third party merchant, they do not price match third party merchant items. Additionally they have a whole list of requirements that must be met before they will. Caveat emptor (buyer beware), get educated before you order. Even though I called and was told that I would get the price match when it comes down to the brass tacks of it they do not have to stand behind the policy.

Oh by the way it does not apply to reconditioned items also. Grizzly, ToolKing etc are all considered third party merchants. Go to the Tools and hardware home and find the price match policy on the left hand side of the screen, read it.

Comment

Working...