• York, PA, USA.

All in One Clamp T-50 50" Double Grip Bench Clamp with T-track

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

30 shipped
  • Cain
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2004
    • Little Rock, Arkansas.

Has anyone used this? I'm thinking about picking one up.

Comment

• Stormbringer
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Floral Park, NY
      • Bosch 4000

Sale's over. Back to $50.

I debated long and hard over this one but couldn't justify it. Keep in mind, this is the "Twin" version also know as the "Back to Back" version (Tru-Grip's name for a similiar clamp). The bottem half clamps itself to your workbench while the top clamp grasps your workpiece. I really tried to think of an application that this would come in handy but couln't think of anything that I couldn't accomplish with some quickgrips or spring clamps (and trust me, I hate to pass up a bargain).

The website touts being able to sand a piece without having to move the clamps holding the piece to your workbench. I didn't feel that was worth $60 (now $100) since you need two.

I'm holding out for the one that's just a straightedge.

Here's a picture of it in action since I had a real hard time imaging how this thing worked.

The first picture shows the straightedge (single)that they also sell with the Twin underneath the workpiece.
      Attached Files

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Stormbringer
        Sale's over. Back to $50.

I debated long and hard over this one but couldn't justify it. Keep in mind, this is the "Twin" version also know as the "Back to Back" version (Tru-Grip's name for a similiar clamp). The bottem half clamps itself to your workbench while the top clamp grasps your workpiece. I really tried to think of an application that this would come in handy but couln't think of anything that I couldn't accomplish with some quickgrips or spring clamps (and trust me, I hate to pass up a bargain).

The website touts being able to sand a piece without having to move the clamps holding the piece to your workbench. I didn't feel that was worth $60 (now $100) since you need two.

I'm holding out for the one that's just a straightedge.

Here's a picture of it in action since I had a real hard time imaging how this thing worked.

The first picture shows the straightedge (single)that they also sell with the Twin underneath the workpiece.
        Rockler has the 50" single "on sale" for $29.99 (reg. $39.99).
        http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...8&filter=26718
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• wouldchuck
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2005
          • Richmond, VA, USA.

I just went for the 50" as well as the 24" (on sale at $22.49) and the saw plate. I have an old Milwaukee circ with a chewed-up baseplate that will be a devoted cross-cutter. Just like Festool (but without the dust collection!)
          Thanks for the post!

Comment

Working...