Clear All
  • mikebanks
    Established Member
    • Jul 2004
    • lowell, ma, USA.
    • 2 BT3000 and 2 Delta 34-400's

Sandpaper 3m 25packs for less than $1.00

http://marketamerica.shop.com/op/~3M...-prod-20293191

They have 5 types of sandpaper for less than $1.00 for the 25 packs.

So for about $10.00 (S/H is about $7.00), you can get 5 packs of 25 pieces of sandpaper.

Is this a good deal?

Mike
    Maybe...........
  • tfm37
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2005

I believe the price they are quoting is per sheet in 25 sheet packs. Look at some of the other brands of paper in the 5 per pack package. Its over $2 per pack. Nothing else on the site looked very cheap.

Comment

• DW
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2005
      • CA.

Well I bit, figured didn't have much to lose at that price. Looking at the page though, it showed the original price at $16 and the new price at $.89. Seems like a pretty shady practice if they are really for single sheets. FWIW the total range up at the $.89 price per pack.

We will see what shows up.

Dave

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

When is the expected delivery. If this is true I will order a couple of packs
        Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
        techzibits.com

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • York, PA, USA.

If they are selling a single sheet then it is false advertising. The page clearly states :

3M COMPANY #88598 9x11 Coar GNT Sandpaper (Sold in 25-Pk. Only)

Item sku-0014790-00

If it is sold in 25-Pk only and you ordered one unit at $.89, you should definately get (1) 25=Pk. Anything else would clearly be a misrepresentation. I think you found a good deal on an item being closed out. That or you will get a cancellation email.

Edit : I am in the boat with you. Just ordered a truck load.
          Last edited by Jeffrey Schronce; 06-05-2006, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• davidtu
            • Apr 2006
            • Seattle, WA
            • BT3100

I took a different tack on this one... the HouseAndBeyond.com turns out to also have an Amazon storefront. Here is a link to the 3M sandpaper on that site. Its not all the same stuff, but the prices are approximately the same (perhaps a few cents cheaper on the above listed site). HOWEVER, when I put together a $20 order on the original site, my shipping was a whopping $13. On Amazon, a similar amount was half as much. Now, I am a Prime member on Amazon but I'm pretty sure that had nothing to do with the shipping costs as it only applies to Amazon sold items, as I understand it.

Here is a link to a search on Amazon for the stuff: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...=price&x=7&y=6

That MarketAmerica.com site is--and thus I presume Shop.com is owned by--a multilevel marketing company which some people on scam.com thought was pretty bogus. Others of course support it. That made me a little uncomfortable and I figure as a good Amazon customer if I have trouble with HomeandBeyond.com Amazon will help keep me happy. HomeandBeyond.com gets very mixed reviews as a seller.

(HomeandBeyond.com sells via both Shop.com and Amazom)
            Never met a bargain I didn't like.

Comment

• poolhound
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2006
              • Phoenix, AZ
              • BT3100

If the shipping works out to be expensive does anybody in Phoenix want buy a bunch together, split it up and share the shipping charges. I was mainly interested in some 220 and 150/80

Jon
              Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
              techzibits.com

Comment

• mpauly
                Established Member
                • Apr 2006
                • NJ

Ordered 12 mixed packs through amazon and the shipping was ~$5 for a $10 order. At about a $1.30 for a pack shipped, can't go wrong......we'll see what arrives.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by mpauly
                  Ordered 12 mixed packs through amazon and the shipping was ~$5 for a $10 order. At about a $1.30 for a pack shipped, can't go wrong......we'll see what arrives.
                  I cancelled the shop.com order and placed the order through Amazon.
                  I bought (25) packs of 25. Shipping was $5.59 for 25 packs. I originally had 50 packs in my cart and the shipping was $6.29. I am guessing the shipping weight is not greatly impacted by the number of boxes you have based on the 10 box order above being around $5.

Shipping Method: Standard
                  Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
                  Subtotal of Items: $21.25
                  Shipping & Handling: $5.59
                  ------
                  Total: $26.84
                  Est. π/2% Instant Reward:
                  $-0.42
                  ------
                  Total for this Order: $26.42

Comment

• jAngiel
                    • Oct 2003
                    • Ryobi BT3100

I must be blind in my old age, I didn't see any 25 packs at all going to the amazon link up above. To me the images were of 25 packs but it looked to me that they were selling single sheets for .69 or .89, not packs. Maybe I didn't look deep enough or misread the discriptions.
                    James

Comment

• liqdfire
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Apr 2006
                      • St. Petersburg, FL
                      • BT3100

This is awesome thank you, I ordered 17 packs and it came to 20 bucks with shipping.

Comment

• DW
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Jan 2005
                        • CA.

Not sure what to make of the Amazon listing. While product description says they come boxed in 25 to a box, I don't see anything that I would call iron clad that you are buying a box a opposed to a single sheet. On the Shop.Com site it was very clear you were buying a box of 25.

Dave

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2005
                          • York, PA, USA.

One thing that might make buyers feel a little better is that they answered the phone almost immediately when I called to cancel the sold.com item. They also replied to an email within a few minutes.
                          I think they are just clearing out some sandpaper at a killer price. They could have picked it up in a salvage sale or something. I feel ok about this deal.

Comment

• mpauly
                            Established Member
                            • Apr 2006
                            • NJ

Originally posted by jAngiel
                            I must be blind in my old age, I didn't see any 25 packs at all going to the amazon link up above. To me the images were of 25 packs but it looked to me that they were selling single sheets for .69 or .89, not packs. Maybe I didn't look deep enough or misread the discriptions.
                            All the amazon descriptions state "....Sanding Sheets Are Packaged 25 Sheets Per Box, Packages Are Tri-Lingual & Die Cut For Customer Convenience." and the product numbers coordinate to the 25-sheet 'Pro Pak' on the 3M website. I too am pretty confident in this one. Though we'll see.

Comment

• davidtu
                              • Apr 2006
                              • Seattle, WA
                              • BT3100

The only thing that worries me about it is that homea Ndbeyond.com is apparently owned by marketamerica. com which is apparently an MLM company, AkA pyramid scheme business.
                              Never met a bargain I didn't like.

Comment

Working...