• Show
Clear All
  • kmk
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • .Portland, Oregon
    • BT3100-1

Clearance section at Lowes

I've made a habit checking out clearance section at local Lowes. Got good deals before on tools like GMC jig saw ($9) etc. Today I was at the store and the manager was marking down items in that section. There was a dremel 300 series. I picked it up. She (the manager) said she will sell it really cheap. I said ok. She marked it down to $8.99.!! Original price $69! It was in excellent condition. I also picked up mobile tool station for $9.95. It was $32.

And picked up few other things from Gardening section.

At the counter, I presented HD 20% coupon. The cashier discounted 20% on the above and said "keep the coupon!!!"

It was a good day...
  • just4funsies
    • Dec 2005
    • Florida.
    • BT3000

Good catch!!
    ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

• davidtu
      • Apr 2006
      • Seattle, WA
      • BT3100

Since reading all of these Lowes clearance stories, I have stopped by 2 different Lowes to see if anything was on clearance. Either my Lowes here in the Seattle area don't clear much, or the "clearance section" is not in clear view, I can't find anything. I assume its gotta be in the Tools section, right?! Well, good for you ... wish I could catch a deal at mine.
      Never met a bargain I didn't like.

Comment

• DaveW
        Established Member
        • Jul 2004
        • So Cal.

The So Cal Lowes that I've stopped by tend to not have good deals on Clearance - the only way I've gotten the really good deals is when people post a Lowes receipt here and I take it to get a price match.

Comment

• mschrank
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2004
          • Hood River, OR, USA.
          • BT3000

Which store was this? I was in the one in Wood Village on Saturday and there wasn't anything in the clearance section!
          Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• LYU370
            Established Member
            • Mar 2005
            • Streamwood, IL.

Same here, I have yet to find a clearance section at any of the Lowe's I've been to in the Chicago area. Schaumburg, Naperville, Rolling Meadows, Lincolnwood. Nada!

But, good for you though!
            Andy

Comment

• Ozzie
              Established Member
              • Mar 2005
              • Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.

Clearance section at Lowes?

Where do you find the clearance section in the store?? I've not been able to find it at our local Lowes when I go there.

Ozzie
              Ozzie

Comment

• just4funsies
                • Dec 2005
                • Florida.
                • BT3000

I see clearance tables set up at my Lowe's quite often (once a month or so). Sometimes they are right in the tool department, and other times they are in the front aisle to attract your attention as you stand in the checkout line. I usually do a prefunctory check, and most times what's there is just junk that they don't want to throw away, but once in a while, they'll put something good out there, just because they have discontinued and want to get rid of it. These reductions are usually left to the discretion of the store manager, so some stores may choose not to mess with it much, and others may not mark things down much unless they are just trashed. YMMV.
                ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

• MilDoc

Nope ... no such section at my Lowes. Darn!

Comment

• thallikar
                    Established Member
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by LYU370
                    Same here, I have yet to find a clearance section at any of the Lowe's I've been to in the Chicago area. Schaumburg, Naperville, Rolling Meadows, Lincolnwood. Nada!

But, good for you though!
                    There is a clearance section in the Naperville store right at the start of the tool section. Only thing, not really good deals. But I do find better deals in that store. I bought a Hitachi Miter Saw 12FCH laser one for 179$ (less 10%). And also bought 4piece firestorm set - Drill, Reciprocating saw, circular saw, and sander for 89$ plus 10% off coupon, I used. I bought 2 of these and ebay one. On ebay, I saw couple of them get sold for 100$.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

My Lowes sometimes has a clearance table, usually a folding table near the tools and hardware on the main aisle.

I see stuff sometimes there but generally they haven't marked it down too much. mostly repair parts that are specialized, door numbers, and miscellaneous stuff that you can tell why it hasn't moved.

Ocassionally I pick up something but no dremel tools 80% off or anything that useful or that much.
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• JoeyGee
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2005
                        • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                        • BT3100-1

It varies

I have 3 Lowes that I frequent. Two are very good at clearance. Every Saturday morning has at least a couple good buys. The other one never has anything. I was looking for an item to go on clearance and I was told that once a month the mgrs. go through the store to find out of stock or discontinued items to put out on weekends.
                        Joe

Comment

• kmk
                          Established Member
                          • Jan 2006
                          • .Portland, Oregon
                          • BT3100-1

Originally posted by mschrank
                          Which store was this? I was in the one in Wood Village on Saturday and there wasn't anything in the clearance section!
                          Hillsboro store. They have permenant clearance section (rack) in Tools area.
                          I always see some items. from stud finders to nailers, drills etc.

Surprising thing was while the manager was marking down the price, employess were grabing them!! I saw one employee taking 3 or 4 items for him!

Comment

• bmyers
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2003
                            • Fishkill, NY
                            • bt 3100

neighbor gloat

My neighbor (the good one) works at Lowes and frequently takes a cruz through the clearance section on his way out the door. He's tipped me off on so much stuff it's a wonder I can still pay the mortgage with all the money I've saved. Most recently a Class III hitch for my Ford Exploder -$65, the Freud router deal with the table/fence -$229, wood flooring for $1/sq, $400 dish washer for $150, a dang handy ratcheting wrench set for $20, it's just silly.

Lowes doesn't have sale prices though, everyday low blah blah.. But once they decide to get rid of something they get rid of it!

This is (Chandler,AZ) in the tool crib also for all that stuff. Except the dish washer, that was in with the appliances. Clearance electrical stuff, fixtures and whatnot are usually in another section, near the light bulbs.
                            "Why are there Braille codes on drive-up ATM machines?"

Comment

• kmk
                              Established Member
                              • Jan 2006
                              • .Portland, Oregon
                              • BT3100-1

I was at the store again today and noticed all the firestorm 18v and 24v toolkits (several of them) in the clearance section. The 24v tool bucket was marked at $204. At the counter, someone was buying it and heard he was getting 60% off of that.

Comment

Working...