I sell on Amazon and your statement is not correct. As a seller you have complete control on what you list and sell via Amazon marketplace. You can list items at will (if you have the correct Amazon Seller subscription) and you can also sell you items under any item currently listed on Amazon.
Take a look at this ad and you will notice this statement under product details "This page was created by a seller." This means that a seller created this ad, not Amazon. Since it has been created, Amazon and another seller decided to list under it. Also, WT no longer sells under this offering.
Here is what I think took place.
~ A seller created this ad (don't know if it was WT or another seller, but it was not Amazon
~ WT did not read the ad details correctly and listed one blade price under the 10 blade price offering
~ Order was placed and WT sent one blade
~ WT knew there was a problem and removed their listing from the ad
You can try the Amazon route and I hope you are able to get somewhere. Just shedding some light on 3rd party sellers on Amazon as I know they are misunderstood in general.
RDT
Wow, I humbly stand corrected. I never though Amazon would give that much control over to third party vendors.
Given your very helpful information I am definately pursuing this though WT.
Thanks!
Wow, I humbly stand corrected. I never though Amazon would give that much control over to third party vendors.
Given your very helpful information I am definately pursuing this though WT.
Thanks!
Glad I was able to help. Again, I was only trying to shed some light on 3rd party sellers. As I pointed out in my early reply, Amazon likes 3rd party sellers since they collect 15% of everything sold by them. They have no inventory or associated costs with 3rd party sellers. They just take the 15% off the top. As you stated, Amazon is providing the marketplace and 3rd party sellers pay for the exposure.
You can still try and contact Amazon for some help. They can sometimes help put pressure on 3rd party sellers in order to do the right thing.
"would not honor price as listed,blamed Amazon"
Date: 5/29/2006 Rated by Buyer: andrew_benedetto
Seller Response: "Amazon system listed an individual product as a 10 pack. This is a known bug of the Amazon system. This customer received a full refund and was given the individual product for free. Product was removed from listings to prevent further confusion." Date: 5/30/2006
Anyone got anywhere with these folks yet? I've left 2 messages.
Worktough called me back after only about 10min having left a message. The guy was very nice, seemed very reputable, and he gave me the same offer that was posted above. Namely, full refund, I keep the blade with his apologies.
I would have NO ISSUE ordering from Worktough again--he may have lost some money but he earned my respect. AND, I am going to add a review on Amazon to that effect.
Thanks to Jeffrey for finding and posting the excerpt above.
Worktough called me back after only about 10min having left a message. The guy was very nice, seemed very reputable, and he gave me the same offer that was posted above. Namely, full refund, I keep the blade with his apologies.
I would have NO ISSUE ordering from Worktough again--he may have lost some money but he earned my respect. AND, I am going to add a review on Amazon to that effect.
Thanks to Jeffrey for finding and posting the excerpt above.
Cool. That is good to hear. I still have not heard back from them. I will give them another call today.
Thanks
He refunded me the entire amount of the blade as well. Told me to go ahead and keep the blade. Wow!
I also got the impression that he was a pleasant person and tried to make the situation right. I'm sure he took a big loss and wasted time as well (packaging and sending all the orders) -- for nothing.
I gave him an excellent review on his Amazon site, and would definitely do business with him again.
He truly understands the meaning of "owning up to the situation". Instead of giving some crazy excuses and start finger pointing, he took responsibility of his action, made things right by producing a solution. A man of substance, he is.
He refunded me the entire amount of the blade as well. Told me to go ahead and keep the blade. Wow!
I also got the impression that he was a pleasant person and tried to make the situation right. I'm sure he took a big loss and wasted time as well (packaging and sending all the orders) -- for nothing.
I gave him an excellent review on his Amazon site, and would definitely do business with him again.
He truly understands the meaning of "owning up to the situation". Instead of giving some crazy excuses and start finger pointing, he took responsibility of his action, made things right by producing a solution. A man of substance, he is.
Very refreshing to hear! I know how this can go. I mixed up 3 items sold on ebay and shipped to the wrong people. I paid each of them double the amount it would cost to ship to the correct person. I was glad to see that there were 3 honest people out there who actually took the time to re-ship the items.
I hope to hear from them soon.
I never received a return call from WT, so I emailed them. About 30 minutes later I got an email advising that they were sorry for the problem and they are refunding price and shipping and paying for return shipping. I ordered (4) units so I wanted to return them versus having them for free. I didn't feel right about that seeing as how there was 4 of them and their value would exceed shipping. Should have gotten just one where the cost of shipping return would have been greater and I could have rightfully kept the blade! LOL!
Comment