This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cali200

Drill Press Table Closeout & Free Shipping

Drill Press Table Closeout with minor cosmetic damage, save over 35%. www.alloutind.com
    Only $39.95
    Check it out
    www.alloutind.com
  • mschrank
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2004
    • Hood River, OR, USA.
    • BT3000

Interesting....

That's obviously the MLCS drill press table...even the MLCS "Free Shipping" graphic.

Many of us (including me) got this table for $29.95 awhile back. Mine was in decent shape and very much usable...I seem to remember others reporting that their's was not in such good shape and essentially stripped the hardware to make their own.
    Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by cali200
      Drill Press Table Closeout with minor cosmetic damage, save over 35%. www.alloutind.com
      Only $39.95
      Check it out
      www.alloutind.com
      That looks like the same drill press table that Grizzly sells for $30 new (although $9.40 shipping makes it about the same but not cosmetically damaged...) and MLCS sells for $60.

Incidentally, I got one from Grizz and I was not very satisfied with it for $30.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• gmack5
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

I bought one of the ones from Grizzly and all I can say is "somebody" had a big case of "stupids" when they put the "Kit" together.

It requires three 8mm THRU knobs, one for the Stop Block and two for the Clamps that hold it onto the Metal Drill Press Table, plus two other Knobs to hold the Fence in place (they don't have to be thru knobs).

What they sent me was ONE thru knob and FOUR blind knobs! I called them and told them what had happened and they sent me another package of knobs.........same mix as the first package!
        I'm STILL a thru Knob short of having enough to set up the Table as it should be.

So I guess I'll call them again and see if they'll send me another set of knobs, like the last set, then I'll have three thru Knobs and twelve blind Knobs (I need total of two blind Knobs).
        Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
        Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
        George

Comment

• ryan.s
          • Feb 2006
          • So Cal
          • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          That looks like the same drill press table that Grizzly sells for $30 new (although $9.40 shipping makes it about the same but not cosmetically damaged...) and MLCS sells for $60.

Incidentally, I got one from Grizz and I was not very satisfied with it for $30.
          What was wrong with the DP table you received? I was thinking of ordering one.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by ryan.s
            What was wrong with the DP table you received? I was thinking of ordering one.
            There was a post about this thing - look up grizzly, drill press table, i think in bargain alerts, started by Rod Kirby also LCHIEN posted.

Anyway to sum up,
            the stop mechanism didn't fit and the knob was wrong.
            the fence was too tall and worse the lock knob was on top of the fence right where the elevation crank passed so in order to drill a 3/4" piece of material I had to raise it up 3 inches in order to be able to swing the elevation cranks.
            And it was way too small (narrow) for my 15" DP - either can't use all the swing or the front support is too small depending on which way you put it.
            Had to do a lot of reengineering to use it and still not happy.

Partly it's because my drill press is not a good match physically.

Want to buy mine? $20 plus shipping.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• ryan.s
              • Feb 2006
              • So Cal
              • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by LCHIEN
              There was a post about this thing - look up grizzly, drill press table, i think in bargain alerts, started by Rod Kirby also LCHIEN posted.

Anyway to sum up,
              the stop mechanism didn't fit and the knob was wrong.
              the fence was too tall and worse the lock knob was on top of the fence right where the elevation crank passed so in order to drill a 3/4" piece of material I had to raise it up 3 inches in order to be able to swing the elevation cranks.
              And it was way too small (narrow) for my 15" DP - either can't use all the swing or the front support is too small depending on which way you put it.
              Had to do a lot of reengineering to use it and still not happy.

Partly it's because my drill press is not a good match physically.

Want to buy mine? $20 plus shipping.
              Ummm... after your great sales pitch i think i'll pass on this item. =)

Comment

• Istvan
                Established Member
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by cali200
                Only $39.95
                Check it out
                www.alloutind.com

Hmmm, this looks like self advertising.

Comment

• ryan.s
                  • Feb 2006
                  • So Cal
                  • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Istvan
                  Well if it was it looks like it hurt more than it helped based on the comments given on this thread.

Comment

• scorrpio
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • Wayne, NJ, USA.

I got that table from Grizzly, and I am well satisfied with it. It is a rather compact table, primarily designed for smaller benchtop presses, and it serves me admirably in that capacity. I got a proper package, though I did have to put a washer under stop block retainer knob in order to be able to tighten the stop block fully. It is well-made, sturdy, and clamps to DP table securely. Real hard to beat for the price.

Comment

• Luckbox
                      Established Member
                      • Nov 2003
                      • Holly Springs, NC

I have the one from MCLS and have been very happy with mine. I have a bench top drill press and the table has been very handy.
                      I love lamp.

Comment

• mschrank
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2004
                        • Hood River, OR, USA.
                        • BT3000

Originally posted by Istvan
                        Yeah, I didn't notice the join date and number of posts by cali200 until after I posted my response....it does look a bit fishy.

Can you prove us wrong, cali?
                        Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

Working...