• Show
Clear All
  • maxparot
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
    • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

Originally posted by dale
    I took my bandsaw receipt and new coupon back to HF last night. The coupon says it's not good on previous purchases; the casheir put up a small fuss and then refunded the difference so I wouldn't have to hall the saw back and do a complete return, and then repurchase with the new coupon. Overall, the experience wasn't bad, and I think I'll be putting the money I got back towards the 16 speed drill press, which is now on sale also.
    Don't forget the coupon when you go for the Drill Press!!!
    Opinions are like gas;
    I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

• Howard
      Established Member
      • Jan 2006
      • Plano, Tx.
      • Laguna Platinum Series - sold my BT!

I went by my local HF for the first time yesterday. Walked out with an 18 gauge brad nailer for $20. Tried it out, works like a champ! They do have some interesting stuff. Some good, some I don't think measure up to ridgids, craftsman's, delta's of the world. Overall, though, if you're careful, you can find some really good bargains on things that the brand names charge a lot more for, especially since they probably came out of the same factory in China. I think for the bigger purchases, ie. larger power tools, I'll stick with the well known name brands I mentioned. Quality seems a bit higher and I know I won't have any service issues with them down the road.
      Howard, the Plano BT3'r.

Confucious say, "Man who get too big for britches will be exposed in the end."

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."
      - Mark Twain

Comment

• NJFrank
        Established Member
        • Jun 2003
        • NJ, USA.

Now if they could mark down the 6" Jointer I'm good to go with the coupon

Comment

• just4funsies
          • Dec 2005
          • Florida.
          • BT3000

I just used one of those HF 20% coups at BORG yesterday to get a sweet $60 off on a wine fridge (and HF doesn't even sell them). Caught the BORG asst. mgr. in a good mood, I guess. I'm having a BORGasm!!
          ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

• tfischer
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2003
            • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
            • BT3100

Originally posted by just4funsies
            I just used one of those HF 20% coups at BORG yesterday to get a sweet $60 off on a wine fridge (and HF doesn't even sell them). Caught the BORG asst. mgr. in a good mood, I guess. I'm having a BORGasm!!
            You got the BORG to take an HF coupon??? I had a $10 off Lowes coupon back in November and I couldn't even get them to take that. We have a brand new Lowes that just opened up a mile away last month, but in Novemeber, the closest one was about 25 minutes away and I wasn't going to drive that far for $10. So I tried the BORG -- they looked at me like I was stupid and said, "uh, that's for Lowes". I said, "yeah, won't you honor that?" She waved it toward the manager and said "Will we take this LOWES coupon" and the manager looked at me like I was even stupider and said "uh, no, this is Home Depot"

Hmmm...

-Tim

Comment

• just4funsies
              • Dec 2005
              • Florida.
              • BT3000

Yes, but it's hit and miss. I have about 10 HD's and 2 HF's where I live. I've been told "NO" many times, but I just move from one store to another next time, or from one asst. mgr. to another in a single store. It helps if you look POOR and like you've had a bad day (neither of which is hard for me!) and I'm always NICE, rather than blustery, and I always tell them that I'd rather give them my business than somebody else, but 20% is tough to ignore. The fact is that BORG has such buying power, and their margins are so good, that they usually make money even at 20% off. I also don't go in there with a coupon every other day, but only when I have a particular need, with real money at stake. Just my way, others may work it differently.
              ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

Working...