• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris Curry
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2006
    • The Great White North

20% off @ HF

I got this notice today by email. 20% off any single item. They have let me use more than one per visit as long as it is rung up separately.
    Attached Files
  • vanguard
    Established Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Brighton, MI, USA.
    • Ridgid TS2400SL

Linkage

Comment

• maxparot
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
      • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

I'm glad they are keeping up on the 20% off. I keep sniping new tools as they hit their low price point. I just can't pass up a good value on a tool I don't have as long as I can see a use for it in my future.
      Opinions are like gas;
      I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

• linear
        • May 2004
        • DeSoto, KS, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3100

much obliged

I just printed a stack to keep in the truck.

Having HF a mile from the office is a mixed blessing.
        --Rob

sigpic

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by linear
          I just printed a stack to keep in the truck.

Having HF a mile from the office is a mixed blessing.
          Right click on coupon and select copy. Open new Word or Wordpad document. Right click in Word or Wordpad and hit paste. Hit enter a couple times and paste again, repeating until you get 4 large (if you click on the thumbnail it will bring up another page which has larger coupon) or about 7 smaller (just copying and pasting the thumbnail).

Comment

• Boomer_01
            Forum Newbie
            • Feb 2006

Chris,
            Thanks for posting the coupoon....HF is on my way home from work.....Guess a pit stop is in order.

Boomer

Comment

• dale
              Established Member
              • Feb 2004
              • Mesa, AZ, USA.
              • BTS-15

Dang!

Wouldn't you just know it--I used a 10% off coupon two days ago to get the four speed bandsaw. Any body have a similar experience and get FH to refund the difference?
              I really am going to make something one of these days.

Comment

• Howard
                Established Member
                • Jan 2006
                • Plano, Tx.
                • Laguna Platinum Series - sold my BT!

They sure have really good prices. Is their equipment up to snuff when compared to Delta, DW, etc? Their band saw is 329.99 less 20% so that makes it hard to pass up. What's the concensus on the quality of their tools?
                Howard, the Plano BT3'r.

Confucious say, "Man who get too big for britches will be exposed in the end."

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."
                - Mark Twain

Comment

• Boomer_01
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Feb 2006

Howard,
                  I have bought several items from HF with satisfactory results. I am a home shop hobbyist so the wear and tear on my tools is not that significant. Also I tend to be very careful with my tools so I am not very hard on them when I use them.

That said, I recently purchased a pneumatic stapler and a 18 gauge brad nailer at HF. They were significantly less than anything available at Home Depot or Lowes.

Both of the guns work without any issues. They are lighter than a Porter, Senco (which I have as my finish nailer) or Bostich. In addition they do require more maintenance such a direct oiling etc. But for the difference in price I think they are worth the extra effort.

I use one or both on almost every project I work on.

I also think that items like "C" clamps and pipe clamps, even some of their bar clamps are very good deals as compared to some of the name brand stuff.

If I am purchasing equipment or hand tools that require a greater level of finish or quality of manufacture, I probably would look at the major brands simply because on the "investment" type of tools I don’t believe HF is comparable. But for the 90% of purchases where you are willing to accept a bit lower manufacturing quality in exchange for significantly lower price, then HF is your place.

Boomer

Comment

• Woodwerker
                    Established Member
                    • Nov 2005

I was in HF last night buying some casters for a router table I am building.
                    I had a 10% off total and 20% off one item.
                    Since I bought 7 items at about $5.00 each I used the 10% coupon.
                    A guy was behind me in line buying a tile saw, I handed him the 20% off coupon, he took it and said thanks, I don't think he knew what it was. A few monents later he chased me outside and thanked me for saving him $12 :-)
                    Did my good deed for the day.
                    Joe
                    Every tool you own is broken, you just don't know it yet :-)

Comment

• Slowpoke
                      Established Member
                      • Jan 2004
                      • WNY, USA.

Originally posted by Howard
                      They sure have really good prices. Is their equipment up to snuff when compared to Delta, DW, etc? Their band saw is 329.99 less 20% so that makes it hard to pass up. What's the concensus on the quality of their tools?
                      There are an awful lot of folks here that own the 4-speed 14" BS from HF (Central Machinery) ... and we like it.

It gets kudos repeatedly (but not for the assembly/manual) ... I think the manual for the Grizzly version is the one most use?

If I remember correctly, this BS goes on sale fairly regularly for about $279, and of course, with 20% off that price, it's an even better deal!

As for your general question, there are all kinds of items at HF that are worthy of purchase, but plenty that should be avoided. There use to be a list of ones that were worth buying ... maybe someone can point you to it?

"if partners always agreed, one of 'em wouldn't be needed"

Comment

• Chris Curry
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Jan 2006
                        • The Great White North

Joe - aka The Good Samaritan:
                        I did the same thing the last time I went in with a half dozen. The guy bought a 3 ton floor jack and didn't realize what had happened until he got through the till. I do believe 'What goes around, comes around'.

Chris

Comment

• jdschulteis
                          Established Member
                          • Mar 2003
                          • Muskego, Wisconsin, USA.
                          • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Howard
                          The consensus on HF quality is that it's hit or miss. The band saw and dust collector have a lot of satisfied customers. I have the DC, might've gotten the HF bandsaw but I got a good deal on a gray Ridgid BS when they were making way for the orange ones. I must say the difference in the instructions between HF and Ridgid is night and day.
                          Jerry

Comment

• tfischer
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2003
                            • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
                            • BT3100

Originally posted by jdschulteis
                            The consensus on HF quality is that it's hit or miss. The band saw and dust collector have a lot of satisfied customers. I have the DC, might've gotten the HF bandsaw but I got a good deal on a gray Ridgid BS when they were making way for the orange ones. I must say the difference in the instructions between HF and Ridgid is night and day.
                            Drill press (16-speed floor model) has a lot of fans here too. I have that, and the 4-speed bandsaw (with riser). I also have their dovetail template which works very well, as well as a lot of clamps and smaller stuff...

-Tim

Comment

• dale
                              Established Member
                              • Feb 2004
                              • Mesa, AZ, USA.
                              • BTS-15

Dang! Update

I took my bandsaw receipt and new coupon back to HF last night. The coupon says it's not good on previous purchases; the casheir put up a small fuss and then refunded the difference so I wouldn't have to hall the saw back and do a complete return, and then repurchase with the new coupon. Overall, the experience wasn't bad, and I think I'll be putting the money I got back towards the 16 speed drill press, which is now on sale also.
                              I really am going to make something one of these days.

Comment

Working...