Herc-u-lift

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dhovis
    Established Member
    • Jun 2004
    • 106
    • Cleveland, OH, USA.

    #16
    The HTC or Rockler-style mobile bases are more suitable for jointers, because they do not lift the tool much and do not use as much leverage as the Herc-u-lift does. I have my jointer on a Rockler-style mobile base, and it works great. I have two Herc-u-lifts, I would like more Herc-u-lifts, but I'd never put one on my jointer.

    --David
    --
    The internet is the greatest source of biased information in the history of mankind.

    Comment

    • buckeye
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2003
      • 75
      • Howell, MI, USA.

      #17
      Thanks for the advice. I'll look into the Rockler style base. I don't have a lot to spend so I was hoping to make the Herc-u-lift work.
      The truth is not always popular but it is always right.

      Comment

      • RagerXS
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2003
        • 501
        • Brookline, NH, USA.

        #18
        There are lots of them in Nashua, NH at the store off exit 6. The sale is unadvertised, but it comes up $29.

        ~ Fred

        Comment

        • jhart
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2004
          • 1715
          • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
          • BT3100

          #19
          Assembled the Herc-u-lift over the weekend. Went very smooth thanks to all the tips and pictures from previous posters. Still doing some small adjustments to the 3100's feet, as my floor is not perfectly level from the area I use it to the area I store it. There is such small clearance on the lift, that it is a bit tricky. If you get the feet too high, then it will not sit down solidly when the lift goes off.
          Was going to use the 2nd one for my planer, but the stands legs go approx. 32 X 22 and doesn't look like there is a configuration for this size in the instructions. Might have to check out the extension kit to see if I can make it work.
          Joe
          "All things are difficult before they are easy"

          Comment

          • arteestkc
            Handtools only
            • Sep 2008
            • 2
            • Prairie Village, KS
            • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

            #20
            Herculift base for bts3100?

            Will the Ridgid Herculift base fit on a Ryobi bts3100?

            Comment

            • RmeDad
              Established Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 231
              • Scottsdale, AZ
              • BT3100-1

              #21
              Yep!

              Originally posted by arteestkc
              Will the Ridgid Herculift base fit on a Ryobi bts3100?
              I have my BT3100-1 mounted on a Herc-U-Lift Plus. Works GREAT!
              Jack

              Throughout my racing career I was constantly reminded of this: "Keep the pointy end forward and the shiny side up!"

              Comment

              • 91FE
                Established Member
                • Dec 2005
                • 303
                • Philadelphia (actually Souderton), PA.

                #22
                ...talk about bringing one back from the dead "art".

                I've got a herc-u-lift that I'm not using anymore that I'll let go pretty cheap. Shoot me an email if anybody is interested.
                I like Wagoneers too. Hey...they've got wood

                Comment

                • drm916
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 14
                  • Atlanta

                  #23
                  whoops.. didnt notice the date on this. But my HD did say they just sold the last one only a few months ago.. for 10 bucks.
                  Last edited by drm916; 02-02-2009, 05:44 PM. Reason: didnt look at date

                  Comment

                  • kevin85281
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 36
                    • Tempe, AZ, USA.

                    #24
                    herc-u-lift

                    You are aware the thread and the clearance was over 3 years ago?
                    If I'd known it was harmless I'd have killed it myself.

                    Comment

                    • ironhat
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2004
                      • 2553
                      • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                      • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

                      #25
                      Originally posted by buckeye
                      It says it is compatible with certain lathes which I would say are similar in length to a jointer. You just need the extension kit. I gotta have something under it to make it more portable because I don't have a dedicated shop. Any suggestions?


                      Check your PM, buckeye. To eveyone else, I don't know what they charge for the extension kit but if you can pick up a Sears mobile base on sale, take it to a welding shop that usually serves farms - cheaper than citys. He made me another pair ofm struts and drilled the holes where I wanted them for a $10 bill.
                      Last edited by ironhat; 02-03-2009, 11:57 AM. Reason: clarification
                      Blessings,
                      Chiz

                      Comment

                      • ironhat
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2004
                        • 2553
                        • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                        • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

                        #26
                        Sorry, duplicate post because it didn't seem to go thru. Apologies!
                        Last edited by ironhat; 02-03-2009, 11:54 AM.
                        Blessings,
                        Chiz

                        Comment

                        Working...