• Show
Clear All
  • silverfox
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2003
    • Richland Center WI, USA.
    • BT3100

Wood Magazine...2 yrs free.

Got an offer in the mail and an email today. Wood mag is giving two years free with a one year subscription. Three years for the price of one. I would take advantage of this offer but I don't have time to do the types of projects that are featured in this mag but I know many here are readers of Wood. Just thought I'd let people know if they didn't already have this info. I would post the offer but the site address is, unfortunately, addressed specifically to me personally. I got the offer by being on their email subscriber list.
    Mike
  • DaveW
    Established Member
    • Jul 2004
    • So Cal.

You can also just call their subscription/customer service line and ask about the 3-for-1 subscription rate, and they'll give it to you. My subscription was up for renewal a few months ago, and the printed offer they gave me wasn't very good, so I called and asked about the 3-for-1 (since my co-worker got that), and they gave it to me.

Comment

• Esteban
      Forum Newbie
      • Jun 2003
      • Puerto Rico.

Just called and saved some money. Customer Service phone No. 1-800-374-9663. New subscription 3 years for $28.00.

Comment

• monte
        Forum Windbag
        • Dec 2002
        • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
        • GI 50-185M

I also renewed on the 3 for 1 deal.
        Monte (another darksider)
        Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

Comment

• tribalwind
          • Feb 2004
          • long island, ny.

i think i got that deal last renewal

i havent made any of their bigger projects yet either mike, did make soem of the jjigs i saw,and some smaller things they did like the scrollsawn christmas candle boxes.

i think it's my favorite mag after shopnotes, i get woodsmith as well but might let it go for now as im not building furniture.wish there was a good Woodturning mag here in the states. all i know of is AAW journal
          namaste, matthew http://www.tribalwind.com

Comment

• ironhat
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2004
            • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
            • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

So, what's the current 1 for 3 price? (for those of us who don't subscribe)
            Blessings,
            Chiz

Comment

• silverfox
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2003
              • BT3100

Sorry, ironhat...I deleted the offer so I don't know the yearly subscription price...I'm sure others here will know.
              MATT...I do mostly construction work and very little furniture type projects so the mag has no real value to me at this point. If I ever get this old house rebuild done I may want to subscribe to WOOD at that time. When I run into cabinetry or similar problems in my rebuilding project I'm like Nike, I .... just do it.
              Mike

Comment

• jdoolitt
                Established Member
                • Jun 2004

The 3 for 1 price (the one I have) is for $ 47.00 for three years of wood. I don't think anyone really pays $47.00 for the magazine though. ;~)

It also comes with a "Best Router Projects" book.

Comment

• gmack5
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
                  • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

I'm sitting here looking at the offer that was mailed by Wood Magazine and it's $24.00 for three years (21 issues), plus a book on "Best Workshop Ideas" for free, as a bonus.

Sounds like a sweet deal to me! []

Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
                  Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
                  George

Comment

• SwingKing
                    Established Member
                    • Jul 2004
                    • Fort Worth, TX, USA.
                    • BT3100

When I called to sign up, they asked if I had heard a specific rate for the 3-for-1 offer. Since I hadn't, she gave it to me for $36. I suspect this is the highest rate, but still seems like a decent deal.

Comment

• woodinville guy
                      Established Member
                      • Sep 2003
                      • Cedar Park, TX

Mine was $28 for 3 years when I called with no book. I'd ask for the $24 deal and see if they give it to you. The $28 may be for a renewal rather than a new subscription.

-Dave
                      - Dave

Comment

• jdoolitt
                        Established Member
                        • Jun 2004

Crap. I am going to have to call and get the rate that you guys received. I am looking at my renewal/special card - and it's $47.00 for 3 years, $37 for 2 years and $26 for 1 year. Hmmm.... special prices for me? Ugh.

Comment

• silverfox
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2003
                          • BT3100

Yeah...I got the same deal in the mail that George has. 3 years for 24 bucks. Gee...maybe George and I are just "special".
                          Mike

Comment

• gmack5
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
                            • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

quote:Originally posted by silverfox

Yeah...I got the same deal in the mail that George has. 3 years for 24 bucks. Gee...maybe George and I are just "special".
                            Mike
                            I just called them (1-800-374-9663) and entered an extension to my present subscription........this subscription won't expire 'til the Apr/May issue of 2009!
                            At my age, that's called "wishful thinking"....I just turned 71 this month. []

Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
                            Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
                            George

Comment

• oracle
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Sep 2005
                              • Fremont, CA, USA.

Stop, stop, stop. Hold everything. I can't believe you are paying these outrageous prices on magazines. I got my 3 year subscription of wood for $20.98 and 2 years of fine woodworking magazine for 35.00 on EBAY.

There are several things to know when buying mags on ebay.

First, your very first issue will take a long time to arrive. (if you place your order now, it might take 6 to 10 weeks until you see your first issue. Rest assured, they will send you the current issue)

Second, Some places will charge you shipping (actually handling fees) fees that are one time only, so make sure you add that price to the subscription fee.

Third, some places will have a "Submit Best Offer" option available. If you give them a reasonable offer, you may get a lower price than they advertise.

I order all my mags on ebay unless the kids are selling them for a school fundraiser, then I'd help them out.

Comment

Working...