Stocking stuffers, kind of from my late wife....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Stocking stuffers, kind of from my late wife....

Okay so the surprise factor is shot to heck, but I kept holding off on one particular purchase because I knew Debi wanted to gift it to me this year.

If you recall last year she gave me the Rapidaire clone system for my compressed air. It was good, but not fully complete. I wanted to go with high flow fittings to get the max I could out of the system and my tools/ hoses. I used the Milton Type V High Flow universal couplers on the outlet blocks, but, well hoses, tools etc... still had Type M, but would work with the couplers due to the Universal compatibility of these particular couplers.

I knew she wanted to, because she told me, finish up the conversion of the pnuematic system. Partially because I use it a lot for auto repair, and driving nailers for projects she wanted done...

So in today came my new upgrades. 3 12pc Type V High Flow couplers and plugs sets.Enough, mostly, to replace my type M couplers and plugs, and get the 3/8" actual ID of the system to actually, well be 3/8" so restriction removed....
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • Slik Geek
    • Dec 2006
    • Lake County, Illinois
    • Ryobi BT-3000

A bittersweet "gift". Appropriate of you to wait, in honor of her. My hope for you is healing and comfort as you continue to mourn your loss.

You taught me something today, I didn't know there were high flow versions...

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Yep, the 3/8 couplers I started with last year. They were / are the Type V universal fit although on type M plugs they leak a touch... https://amzn.to/3vdY0cx

And then the plugs and couplers set(s) that are the stocking stuffers, were supposed to be for this year. I picked these to work with my hoses. The male threaded couplers are kind of moot though. https://amzn.to/3jskYtS

I could have just gotten sets of plugs, and sets of couplers, but that was going to cost more in the long run than these combo sets and end up with extra couplers.

Now the bigger question, what to do with the old HF / Milton Type M stuff?​
      Last edited by dbhost; 12-24-2022, 11:37 AM.
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...