• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

So much for helping people ......

I have had enough!!!! I'll never help anyone again......EVER!! Maybe I'm too kindhearted, or just too stupid!!

Yesterday it was so cold out that we took a man into our home out of the kindness of our heart. We felt so sorry for him. Poor thing was trembling out in the cold, but this morning he had just vanished. Not a word...not even a goodbye or a thank you for sheltering him!! The last straw?!?! When I realized he had peed all over the living room floor!!! That's the thank you I get for being good to people?!?!?!

Now I'm going to warn my friends to watch out for this man! He is a heavy set white guy, wearing nothing but a scarf and hat, he has a nose that looks like a carrot, black eyes that looked like two pieces of coal, and arms so skinny they look like sticks!!! Don't bring him into your house!! What a huge mess he made on the floor!!!
    Last edited by Pappy; 12-18-2016, 01:30 PM.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Weren't you just the least bit suspicious that he had been hanging out in the front yard for so long?

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Black wallnut
      cycling to health
      • Jan 2003
      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
      • BT3k 1999

If he is freezing cold in your area he'll likely die of frostbite before he gets here.
      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

I don't know if what you did would be called charitable or, to put it nicely, very risky. If you didn't know this person, he could be a killer that could have slit your throats while you slept, shot you, set your house on fire, stole valuables, opened your house and let other criminals in. I think you are lucky to only have to clean up some pee. The safest charitable thing to do was to call a cab to take him to a homeless center and pay the driver personally (that way the man wouldn't have stopped at the first liquor store and slept outside anyway.

I had a neighbor that had his derilect father living in their detached mother-in-law apt. A nasty recovering alcoholic, everyone tried to help him when possible. One evening he knocked on my door and said he was hungry, I invited him in but he asked if I would carry him to the grocery store. I imedately carried him to the store, gave him $20 and offered to assist him shopping. He said he would only be a couple of minutes, 30 minutes later he came back with a small bag that couldn't have contained many groceries. I dropped him off at his apartment and went home to finish my dinner. The next day I told another neighbor what I had done and he said that he had seen the man crossing a buisy highway to get the the liquor store across the street from the grocery store. The old man had gone out the back door of the grocery store and walked to the liquor store and came back to my car. I told the old mans son what had happen and he said that his father had tried that on most all of the neighbors.

The office that my brother works at has an incove entrance that the homeless like to use for a bathroom. They hire a company to come every morning and clean up and sanitize the incove and sidewalk. It's hard to have any patience or compassion for humans that act like this.

Comment

• Stytooner
          Roll Tide RIP Lee
          • Dec 2002
          • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
          • BT3100

I am not certain that everybody read the post. The Dude Pappy lent a hand to was part of a gang that hangs around neighborhoods throughout the North. Above I-10 that is. No one can locate the gangs hideout in the summer time or during decent weather. It seems they only come out when the weather outside is frightful.
          Lee

Comment

• BadeMillsap
            • Dec 2005
            • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
            • Grizzly G1023SL

:-)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
            Bade Millsap
            Bulverde, Texas
            => Bade's Personal Web Log
            => Bade's Lutherie Web Log

Comment

• atgcpaul
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2003
              • Maryland
              • Grizzly 1023SLX

He was just looking for a warm hug.

Comment

• cwsmith
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                • BT3100-1

Thing that really bothers me about characters like that, is that it's usually children and young adults that introduce them into our neighborhoods. Sometimes even with the open support of their parents. One has to be very careful out there

CWS
                Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• newbie2wood
                  Established Member
                  • Apr 2004
                  • NJ, USA.

Hey, at least you invited him in your house. I almost shot a fat dude trying to snake down my chimney in the middle of the night. Luck for me, he only stole some cookies and a glass of milk.

Comment

• ArtworksIII
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Mar 2015
                    • Spokane Wa
                    • Craftsman

You had me going LOL Who was he????

Comment

• capncarl
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2007
                      • Leesburg Georgia USA
                      • SawStop CTS

I guess it's ok to take in snowmen, but shy away from the homeless dudes if you can.

Comment

• jabe
                        • Apr 2006
                        • Hilo, Hawaii
                        • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

WE have a big homeless population in our state. Lot of them come from other states thinking just b/c it's warm in Hawaii they can survive, they come with a one way ticket . They fail to realize that the cost of living in Hawaii is HIGH so they cannot afford the plane fare back to where they came. They end up living on the streets making a mess and costing us tax payers. Housing cost is super high as well as food and we pay highest rate for electricity.

Pappy you were lucky nothing really bad happened, it was a risk you took. You have a good heart for your act of kindness.

Comment

Working...