• Show
Clear All
  • onedash
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2005
    • Maryland
    • Craftsman 22124

Duck Coop

Finally got this finished up. Now I just have to get them to use the ramp to go inside. The last two nights I have grabbed them and put them inside. I can get them to run out in the morning.
    YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

And camouflaged, too!

How many ducks do you keep? For eggs/meat/both?

Comment

• onedash
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2005
      • Maryland
      • Craftsman 22124

I have Welsh Harlequins. 1 Male, 3 females. I bought them for eggs and if they have some babies I will eat some crispy fried duck too. Hoping they will eat lots of bugs and weed seeds too. My wife didn't want them "in the middle of the yard" so their spot behind the shed won't be as productive for that. But I will let them out in my cover crops with supervision. We have too many hawks and turkey vultures around to let them roam around unsupervised I think. When I take them to their pool and they all turn their head sideways and freeze there is a hawk flying above. We had an inch of rain yesterday and I realized I need to put a tarp over their entrance to keep the inside dry. I just put some primer on the floor and the first few inches of wall on the inside.
      YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

We have a neighbor that lives about 1/4 mile away that has several white swans. They live in a small pond and and not in a cage or fence. The pond has a small island about the size of a they nest on. They have several cygnets every couple of years and after they are about half grown they all go marching through the neighborhood, visiting everybody like were best friends, and hang around for several days then go home. I'm not sure how free range ducks and chickens would fare for long roaming the neighborhood.

Comment

Working...