• Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Amazon shipping iffiness

This Saturday I was expecting a package from Amazon by 9pm. I got a notification that it was delivered at 8:16pm by Lasership. I check a few minutes later and there's nothing on my porch. My first thought is that someone already swiped it off my front porch! It's ironic because this order was for another IP camera to watch the exterior of my house because of recent package thefts and other shenanigans in the neighborhood.

The first thing I did was click on the "Can't find it" link on my Amazon order. All Amazon had to say to that was essentially (I'm paraphrasing) "wait a little longer, it may show up tomorrow, if not, then bug us".

Then I started reviewing the video. My DLINK cameras record 24-7 to a DLINK network recorder. There's a lot of room for improvement with their recorder, but it gets the job done. I see no evidence that anyone approached my porch for at least 1/2hr before I got the notice.

At this point, I have to put the kids to bed and by 8:50pm, I put my shoes on to go to my neighbor's house. He lives across the street but his house faces the cross-street. We have the same house number and people always mix up the addresses. Maybe Amazon put the box on his door. I open the door and there's my package! My wife looked at me like I was nuts, but when I reviewed the video, I can see someone approach my porch, completely ignore the concrete path and use the grass, then toss the package up to the porch from about 10 feet away.

So what's going on here? Did Lasership lie about when they delivered my package or did they get notified that the customer didn't find their package, realize they delivered to the wrong house, and had to backtrack?
  • JimD
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • Lexington, SC.

Did you get the package?

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

I ordered a Japanese pole saw last year through amazon. They said, even though it was Prime, that it would take 3 days. I didn't bother over the extra day. At the end of the 4th day, it had not arrived. I checked and it said that it was in fact delivered on the second day. I checked outside on the front and side door. Nothing. I called Amazon. They sent another. It arrived in two days. A week later a neighbor two blocks away came by with it. He had installed a swimming pool and ordered several long pool cleaning items. The pole saw was delivered along with his pool cleaning poles.

I called Amazon and they sent UPS to pick up the wrongly delivered saw.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• radhak
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • Miramar, FL
        • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Paul, the most likely scenario is that they delivered to your neighbors' at the stated time; you neighbor steps out, sees it, realizes it's for you, and crosses over to drop it off.
        It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
        - Aristotle

Comment

• Condoman44
          Established Member
          • Nov 2013
          • CT near Norwich
          • Ryobi BT3000

My experience has been that sometimes they just skip the planned delivery. I have had two packages marked unable to deliver. I was home and the weather was fine.

This is not surprising with the recent settlement between UPS and customers.

Comment

• atgcpaul
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2003
            • Maryland
            • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by radhak
            Paul, the most likely scenario is that they delivered to your neighbors' at the stated time; you neighbor steps out, sees it, realizes it's for you, and crosses over to drop it off.
            Definitely not my neighbor according to the video. Since we are "neighborly", I would think he'd ring my doorbell and not just toss it up to my porch.

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2007
              • Buena Park, CA
              • CM 21829

Interesting. I've had the same thing happen with UPS, and also packages where the courier drops at the local USPS, and then a Postal carrier delivers. I'll get the "out for delivery" message, then the "delivered" message, and often its not there until sometimes several hours later. More often than not, I believe its the carrier/courier taking credit for delivering beforehand, although I have had neighbors bring me mis-delivered packages.
              Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• Cochese
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by atgcpaul
                This Saturday I was expecting a package from Amazon by 9pm. I got a notification that it was delivered at 8:16pm by Lasership. I check a few minutes later and there's nothing on my porch. My first thought is that someone already swiped it off my front porch! It's ironic because this order was for another IP camera to watch the exterior of my house because of recent package thefts and other shenanigans in the neighborhood.

The first thing I did was click on the "Can't find it" link on my Amazon order. All Amazon had to say to that was essentially (I'm paraphrasing) "wait a little longer, it may show up tomorrow, if not, then bug us".

Then I started reviewing the video. My DLINK cameras record 24-7 to a DLINK network recorder. There's a lot of room for improvement with their recorder, but it gets the job done. I see no evidence that anyone approached my porch for at least 1/2hr before I got the notice.

At this point, I have to put the kids to bed and by 8:50pm, I put my shoes on to go to my neighbor's house. He lives across the street but his house faces the cross-street. We have the same house number and people always mix up the addresses. Maybe Amazon put the box on his door. I open the door and there's my package! My wife looked at me like I was nuts, but when I reviewed the video, I can see someone approach my porch, completely ignore the concrete path and use the grass, then toss the package up to the porch from about 10 feet away.

So what's going on here? Did Lasership lie about when they delivered my package or did they get notified that the customer didn't find their package, realize they delivered to the wrong house, and had to backtrack?
                Almost absolutely they did. It's happened to me, they are a terrible shipper and lie about delivery times to make themselves look good.
                I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

I think the shippers play a little fast an dloose with what they consider deleivered. Its says delivered to your door but maybe the driver clicks 10-20 items at a time on his screen to save entry time. and he does it before hand to look better.

Sometimes I see its at the loacl office and out for deleivery but it takes another day before it gets to my door.
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                  BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...