• Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

What the.....

I was scrolling through ezine Woodworkers Journal today and found this!
    It's an adapter that allows you to use later date LI batteries on your 18 v Nicad tools. That's wonderful! Great idea!

But... A number of years ago I was poised to put a device like this on the market. My offerings would have various brands of tools with different brands of a batteries. I.e., you could use the cheaper ryobi batteries on dewalt, Milwaukee, etc. I was in contact with an individual that already had hand made adapters for sale on eBay, but lost contact for some unexplained reason. I later found out that he had been contacted by one of the major tool co's, threatening him with a lawsuit to remove his adapter from sale. I took this as a hint and stopped work on my adapter.

I start work on my new adapter soon.

You really have to try hard to like them. Sneaky #%#%%*^ s.

Opps, photo upload failed.

capncarl
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Photo of the Dewalt battery adapter they are offering soon. Similar to mine except mine did not have a full size battery for the connection adapter. That's way too much stuff hanging off the bottom of a drill. My adapter was built for a Ryobi battery to Dewalt tool but the intentions were to provide adapters to allow most popular batteries to other popular tools.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	787428b

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by capncarl
      You really have to try hard to like them. Sneaky #%#%%*^ s.
      Who's "them"? Dewalt?

How could they prevent the eBay reseller from selling the adapters? Maybe they already had a patent on it but hadn't released a product yet?

In any case, I hope these are reasonably priced and that they come out with something for Makita. It's a good idea.

Comment

Working...