• Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by dbhost
    Here comes the drone at a less than leisurely speed trying to "get home", and managed to get tangled up in the beach umbrella on its way down, doing considerable damage to both the umbrella and the drone...
    Are the drone motors sophisticated enough to provide feedback to the CPU that they've gotten stuck on something so they shut off? I've had to replace some Maxon motors on one of my instruments at work. They provide feedback to the controller so they don't keep trying to power through something and then the controller deactivates them. I was blown away the first time I replaced a motor--they're about $700/each.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by atgcpaul
      Are the drone motors sophisticated enough to provide feedback to the CPU that they've gotten stuck on something so they shut off? I've had to replace some Maxon motors on one of my instruments at work. They provide feedback to the controller so they don't keep trying to power through something and then the controller deactivates them. I was blown away the first time I replaced a motor--they're about $700/each.
      Honestly no clue, just remember watching drone contact umbrella, and pieces go flying everywhere...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• jussi
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by atgcpaul

Not that I'm aware of. Could be wrong. But the transmitters have really long range, several km, so you should be able to throttle down in the event you get it treed.
        I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• ArtworksIII
          Forum Newbie
          • Mar 2015
          • Spokane Wa
          • Craftsman

Originally posted by jussi
          Not that I'm aware of. Could be wrong. But the transmitters have really long range, several km, so you should be able to throttle down in the event you get it treed.

Here is a setup Noah uses to monitor some sort of wind dynamics. this system can fly 180 miles on a program and return on it's own..Click image for larger version

Name:	serenity_solution.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	787317

Comment

• jussi
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007

Pretty cool but Im surprised he FAA would allow anyone to fly that far. Their latest list of rules for drones say they must be flown Line of sight only.
            I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Working...