• Show
Clear All
  • Neal
    Established Member
    • Apr 2012
    • Williamstown, WV (Mid Ohio Valley)
    • Ryobi BT3000

Ohio State! Oh my...

Aside from the whole pursuit of making sawdust thing, my other big "passion" is college football, and I am a Buckeye through and through. Last night was just too much fun for me. Unreal.

Just thought I'd share.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

it was a good game.
    I don't watch too much college ball but I did watch the OSU-Alabama game.
    My college is an Ivy League school and we and our opponents don't play in many televised or high profile games. I think we were #1 nationally last in 1938-39. Consequently I don't have much of a dog in the game as they say.

Not to be political but I think the the current NCAA system is vastly unfair to the college student athletes. I predict a revolution is coming in the next 5 years.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-02-2015, 10:53 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• durango dude
      • Mar 2011
      • a thousand or so feet above insanity
      • 50s vintage Craftsman Contractor Saw

Wish I could say I knew something about football ------ afraid I've been mostly deprived.

My alma mater used to be in the big 10 ---- they were the Monsters of Midway! Alas, they were so thoroughly embarrassed by a little cllege from Wisconsin ---- they dropped football, and found a better use for their stadium (Stagg field).

When I attended, they had worked their way into Div III conference - but were proud of their losing record (22% wins). Was surprised when the alumni magazine arrived ---- they won conference, this year. I'm sure there will be letters to the president complaining. After all - you're scholars, first --- right????

Comment

• JoeyGee
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • Sylvania, OH, USA.
        • BT3100-1

Oh my is right. That was an outstanding game. I am also a huge Buckeye fan. This bowl season has been huge for the Big 10. I don't think they are as good as the SEC yet, but they are narrowing the gap. Most of the bowl games have been fun to watch this year.
        Joe

Comment

• Stytooner
          Roll Tide RIP Lee
          • Dec 2002
          • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
          • BT3100

Not to take anything away from Ohio State (they played an excellent game) but Bama just did not play like they normally do. Congrats to Ohio State and I hope they get the next one too.
          Lee

Comment

• JoeyGee
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • Sylvania, OH, USA.
            • BT3100-1

I agree. Bama did not play up to their potential. I am still confused as to why Saban/Kiffin didn't just run Henry a lot more than they did. That guy is a beast and OSU couldn't stop him. I am glad they didn't

It was a great, hard hitting game. I wish it was more fun to watch. I just don't enjoy close games, LOL.
            Joe

Comment

• TB Roye
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Sacramento, CA, USA.
              • BT3100

Being a Pac 12 guy I normally would never root for a Big 10 team. Yesterday I did and enjoyed the game. Also enjoyed Oregon's dismantling of FSU. Now the real Rose Bowl game for all the marbles will be played at Jerry's house in Texas. Just think Big 10 vs Pac 12 who would have thought. Going to love watching hope it is close and right down to the wire. Big 10 better watch M is coming. Great Footballs games so far this week. My DIL in Idaho is a big Buckeye fan she is from Columbus. She make Buckeye candy at Christmas and it is good had a few pieces yesterday watching game.
              told this would be the only time I will admit rooting for OSU. Woody Hayes is proud. Now if Coach Pete and the Cougars can beat Oklahoma to night. I will be a happy camper.

tom
              Last edited by TB Roye; 01-02-2015, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Stytooner
                Roll Tide RIP Lee
                • Dec 2002
                • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
                • BT3100

They figured out what was not working and did that more.
                Lee

Comment

Working...