• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Congratulations to the Spurs

2 minutes to go and the Spurs will have their 5th title. Tim Duncan will be the first player to have participated in/won titles in 3 different decades. And he contributed well for his age. He still has some running room left.

I think the MVP should go to Pop for building a two great teams, the starters AND the bench, in addition to making adjustments whenever needed!
    Last edited by leehljp; 06-15-2014, 09:50 PM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

How sweet it is. Teamwork beat a bunch of all stars.

Tom

Comment

• jussi
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007

If it couldn't be an LA team, I'm glad it was the spurs. I love the team ball they play and the humbleness of their stars. Not to mention the heat are least favorite team.

Congrats to the LA kings too.
      I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

I just read that John Salley also had won titles in 3 decades. I don't remember him, my bad.
        Hank Lee

Comment

• jussi
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007

I echo your sentiments about the coach. Pop does a great job at conserving his veteran and older stars so they have fresh legs during the playoffs. Everyone on the team buys in to his philosophy. He's the only coach who can yell at his stars and get away with it. An amazing coach. The 2nd best I've seen in my lifetime.
          I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Yeah the Spurs definately WON this title. I congratulate them on their great play.

I just wish Tim Duncan would quite whining every time he gets called for a foul and gives this "I can't believe it, I mean I've never fouled anyone in my whole life" look. Suck it up and take your fouls like a man, Tim.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
              Just me
              • Dec 2002
              • Tunica, MS
              • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
              Yeah the Spurs definately WON this title. I congratulate them on their great play.

I just wish Tim Duncan would quite whining every time he gets called for a foul and gives this "I can't believe it, I mean I've never fouled anyone in my whole life" look. Suck it up and take your fouls like a man, Tim.
              I watch replay after replay and bumps, pushes, shoves and slaps with no call, directly in front of refs. And commentators saying that is just good tough BBall. Then a foul is called on the slightest touch or no touch as happened to Ginobili recently. I am amazed that more people are not reacting that way.
              Hank Lee

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

I really can't stand the officiating in the NBA, its sooo subjective. And I can believe as many fouls called against superstars like Duncan that weren't really fouls, they have benefitted at least 2 for one by getting calls in their favor that weren't really fouls on the opposing team. Seems like the superstars often get preferential treatment from the officials.

In the NBA you actually benefit from making intentional fouls as a strategic move... the fouls often are made to prevent sure slam dunks or against poor free-throw shooters (I think to the detriment of the game) slowing play to a standstill with no-fun-to-watch free throw contests at the end of games.

They should take the NHL model and put your A$$ in the penalty box for two minutes while your team plays short-handed. That'll change the game.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA
                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jabe
                  • Apr 2006
                  • Hilo, Hawaii
                  • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

I like the spurs too, glad they won in 5 games. Their bench was awesome, just as good as many other teams starters. What a great coach they have.

Comment

• JoeyGee
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2005
                    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                    • BT3100-1

I have never been a basketball fan of any level. My son (12) loves the Heat and Lebron. I have watched the playoffs with him and have had fun. Still not a fan, but I will admit I got sucked in and got to know the players and was rooting for the Heat.

I really, really didn't want to like the Spurs, but it's really hard not to. They are a great TEAM and were certainly on a mission. I am really proud that my son recognized that and took the loss well--normally he does not take losses well at all.
                    Joe

Comment

• JeffW
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2003
                      • San Antonio, Texas, USA.
                      • BT3100

Living here in San Antonio, I have met many of the players over the years. They are true gentleman and really give back to the community. As far as I am concerned, they are the only HERO'S left in sports.

I worked an event last year where the Spurs organization fixed up the library in one of my schools. It was right in the middle of the payoffs with Miami. There were a bunch of kids there and they did an awesome job. A bunch of players past and present were there to read to kids and stuff. Anyway, I overheard Coach Pop tell a reporter that this is what was really important, the other stuff was just basketball. Class act all the way.
                      Measure twice, cut once, screw it up, start over

Comment

Working...