Death Metal on a Ukelele...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • 9560
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

    #1

    Death Metal on a Ukelele...

    I ran across this on Facebook, and thought this was so wrong, and funny that I had to share it here...

    This guy replaced the guitar track from Slayer's War Ensemble with Ukelele... And while I am not exactly a huge Slayer fan this is oddly interesting...

    http://youtu.be/VznAYy5yL2A
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • 10490
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

    #2
    Not knowing who Slayer is, or what "War Ensemble" was, I had to play a video of the original. Not my type of music, but it definitely loses something in the translation to the ukulele.

    But, then, Brubeck's "Take Five" probably wouldn't sound right on a harp....
    Don, aka Pappy,

    Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

    Comment

    • dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • 9560
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

      #3
      Originally posted by Pappy
      Not knowing who Slayer is, or what "War Ensemble" was, I had to play a video of the original. Not my type of music, but it definitely loses something in the translation to the ukulele.

      But, then, Brubeck's "Take Five" probably wouldn't sound right on a harp....
      For a bit of perspective, I am in my mid 40s, and Slayer was one of the up & coming bands when I was in high school / college. Honestly they always kind of gave me the creeps though... And I like / grew up on hard rock / heavy metal, but bands like Slayer are in a whole different realm of, well pushed beyond the limits of teen rebellion...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

      Comment

      • cray-
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2013
        • 31
        • Perth, AUS

        #4
        Oh that was brilliant, thanks for posting, not something I thought I'd come across on this board.

        FWIW Slayer are more thrash metal, death metal is a lot darker & messed up. But then of course you've got black metal...oh my....and....well I could go on and on...

        If anyone is keen, I urge you to acquire of a copy of Metal Evolution, a 12 episode documentary series exploring the genre from it's roots through to modern day. It's very well done.
        Michael

        Comment

        • dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • 9560
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

          #5
          Originally posted by cray-
          Oh that was brilliant, thanks for posting, not something I thought I'd come across on this board.

          FWIW Slayer are more thrash metal, death metal is a lot darker & messed up. But then of course you've got black metal...oh my....and....well I could go on and on...

          If anyone is keen, I urge you to acquire of a copy of Metal Evolution, a 12 episode documentary series exploring the genre from it's roots through to modern day. It's very well done.
          Eh, it's a quibble. I remember when Slayer was fresh on the scene, they were considered at the time to be "Death Metal"...

          I was more a fan of just plain old "Heavy Metal" to begin with. More of a Scorpions / Judas Priest / Ronny James Dio (RIP) kind of guy anyway...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

          Comment

          Working...