• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Vacation and it's raining.

Took 2 weeks off to finish the trailer and do some upgrade work on the trike. Some light rain yesterday but I was still able to get a few things done.

Been raining all day today but it looks to be clearing this evening. I had a follow up apt on my right knee this morning and took the afternoon to clean up a couple of projects in the house, mostly in the laundry room.

I had the ironing board hanging on the back end wall behind the freezer and a rack for brooms, dusters, etc. on the end just inside the door from the kitchen. Swapped those and hug a can crusher my brother bought above the recycle bins. Makes everything look neat and a lot cleaner. SEVERAL months ago I had made a new bracket for a laundry hangar rack to mount on the end of the laundry sorting bins. It was originally on the wall with the bracket in the last pic and was constantly getting people in the head. Finally drilled and screwed it in place and pulled off the F body clamp that has been holding it in place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Wall.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	395.3 KB
ID:	798624

Name:	Back Wall.jpg
Size:	369.3 KB
ID:	798625

Name:	Hangar 1.jpg
Size:	391.8 KB
ID:	798626

Name:	Hangar 2.jpg
Size:	374.2 KB
ID:	798627

I the process, I had to go to Lowe's and get some wall anchors. While I was there I picked up 2 safety bars to install in the main bathroom for the wife. May get at least one of those hung tonight.

Tomorrow morning I am going to back wash the pool filter, shock treat the pool, and then make a run to Austin on the trike to get the ID number for the trailer. Should be back around noonish and can get back to what I took the time off to do!
    Last edited by Pappy; 03-02-2014, 07:58 AM.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Have you checked with Texas on their trailer ID tagging process? The 3 states I am familiar with all send a county police officer to your location to visually verify the trailer and fill out some form. The thought behind this is your trailer is not licensed to be on the road yet, nor do they want the congestion in their parking lot.
    capncarl

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

It has already been cleared by the sheriff's office ($40). Here it can be taken to the sheriff's office for inspection but, in my case, it was still under construction and he stopped by the house. The ID # has to come from the state. I may be able to get the plate there, but the truck is due so it doesn't really matter. Have to go to the county for that anyway.
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• atgcpaul
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Maryland
        • Grizzly 1023SLX

Looks like you've been very productive.

Staycations are the best especially if the kids are in daycare and the wife is at work. I get so much done at home. Sometimes I even forget to each lunch because I'm having such a good time in the shop.

Comment

• parnelli
          • Aug 2004
          • bt3100

Love the idea with the over-the-door hanger- why didn't I think of that?!? Thanks.

Also- If it makes you feel any better about the rain, it's 7 degrees here. My lights, candy canes, and inflatable Santa are all still out there (!) because they're frozen solid.
          Last edited by parnelli; 02-27-2014, 02:04 PM. Reason: bad spelling

Comment

• gsmittle
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2004
            • St. Louis, MO, USA.
            • BT 3100

Originally posted by atgcpaul
            Sometimes I even forget to each lunch because I'm having such a good time in the shop.
            That must be a REALLY good time… Somehow I never forget lunch.

g.
            Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
            Bill & Ted

Comment

Working...