• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

My weight from last week went down a LOT due to water loss from the reaction to the flu shot. That weight was back by Monday, minus 2 lbs. I am now back at the weigh in weight I was at Weight Watchers last week. All I have done differently is I am actually tracking, and more excersize. (However you spell that...)

So my loss for the week won't likely show up on the chart as changed at all if much, but compared to reality I am actually down about 7lb. So I am happy.

Tonight is taking the family out for dinner night. Chances are I am going to either do a Grilled Chicken salad of some sort, or maybe a grilled / BBQ chicken and hot veggies. LOML wants salad, I want hot greens, we will see what we settle on...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Black wallnut
      cycling to health
      • Jan 2003
      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
      • BT3k 1999

FWIW one pound equals 3500 calories. To lose weight: cal in < cal burned. 300 calorie per hour exercise is pretty intense effort. The natural tendency when folks start an exercise regime is to also increase eating to compensate.

Weight Watchers has worked for many of my BikeForums friends. Truth is I'm hesitant to track what I eat because I am sure I eat much too much. Keep it up dbhost you are following a winning strategy!
      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Not today. Lunch was BAD... Must eat salad for dinner...

I ventured out to Home Depot to get some shelving pieces for the shop, and was pinched for time. Carls Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger sure tasted good, but oh boy I don't want to see the impact of that! I went very conservative on the drink (Iced tea with sweet & low...) and barely touched the fries...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Black wallnut
          cycling to health
          • Jan 2003
          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
          • BT3k 1999

Darn it! I could have predicted this but not any loss this week. Too much compensating for the brutal workouts I've been doing. Time to go back to cutting back on beer and ice cream.

©

Comment

• woodturner
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2008
            • Western Pennsylvania
            • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by Black wallnut
            Time to go back to cutting back on beer and ice cream.
            Cutting back on ice cream? That's just crazy talk
            --------------------------------------------------
            Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

Didn't get any real shop time in yesterday. LOML and I finally gave into pressure from the doc and joined a gym close to the house... Went and did 4 miles on the indoor track (ZZ Top in the MP3 player helps a lot...) and then hit the indoor pool for about 100 yds before we decided it was time to hit the hot tub. Even heated indoor pools are COLD in early February!

I know it's the hot tub speaking, but my lower back feels a LOT better this morning than it has in a long time...

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                Bandsaw Box Momma
                • Apr 2005
                • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Cheated and didn't lose. I will be better this week. Have to at least keep up with Blackwallnut.
                Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                  Bandsaw Box Momma
                  • Apr 2005
                  • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Originally posted by dbhost
                  Mr. and Mrs. Walnut are scaring me though. Hey guys is this the norm for you? To get those kinds of numbers I would have to take a butcher knife to my gut...

On the plus side, when I drop the weight I am carrying, portaging my 80lb canoe will seem like nothing...
                  I am doing a diet program that cuts calorie intake down to about 500 calories a day. Plus some drops and other vitamins to go with it. I have cheated this week but I am going to do this and get back down to where I was in about High school or even further down. My boss did the same diet and over about a year or so she lost 150 pounds.
                  Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• cwsmith
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                    • BT3100-1

No improvement this week! I forgot to post Sunday, but yesterday (Tuesday) I'm still showing the same weight as the week before... It's not MY fault, I told her not to buy those Doritos! (Or maybe it was those cupcakes she made.)

Well, this week we've got way too much snow here in NY, so maybe I can work off all the extra calories of the last week and a half.

CWS
                    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• dbhost
                      Slow and steady
                      • Apr 2008
                      • League City, Texas
                      • Ryobi BT3100

I wasn't able to squeeze gym time in yesterday, and depending on how my remote work goes today, I might not be able to get in tonight. However IF I can squeeze it in, I am hoping to go get in and do some weights tonight. I need to not only drop weight, but strengthen my muscles in my lower back as well. I am doing much better tracking now, so that is good. I haven't slipped off too badly, although I was already at my points last night before I had 1 cup of no sugar added ice cream. (Thank you Blue Bell!). I haven't figured out how to add that yet, but I have tracked it before the plan changed and it was 3 points, which fits into my splurge points. So I am good...

So far today I have been fine. 3 packets of maple / brown sugar instant oats (12 pts), banana (freebie) and black coffee. Lunch is going to be Chicken Tamales (9 pts) and home made all vegetable salsa (Freebie) with strawberries as a desert. Dinner is supposed to be an Italian Herb rotisserie chicken breast and leg (8 pts), Chopped greens salad (Freebie) with light italian dressing (1 pt) and a couple of leftover Olive Garden bread sticks that I put in the freezer. (8 pts). I will still be well below my daily points target, so I am good...

Yeah planning out meals is helping too, although the weather is NOT cooperating with me at ALL. If I could get a slightly warmer, and DRY weekend I would clean up, and fire up the smoker and cook up a roast, some dry rubbed beef ribs, and some vennison sausage. Maybe even some Turkey breasts. I could pre cook for 2 weeks and literally just come home from work, or the gym, pop something in the microwave and be done for the night...

Comment

• atgcpaul
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2003
                        • Maryland
                        • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by Mrs. Wallnut
                        Cheated and didn't lose. I will be better this week. Have to at least keep up with Blackwallnut.
                        I didn't watch a lick of the Superbowl but ate like I did. I'm still feeling it.

Originally posted by cwsmith
                        ... It's not MY fault, I told her not to buy those Doritos! (Or maybe it was those cupcakes she made.)
                        Ain't that the truth?!!! My wife picked up a 2-for-1 deal of Doritos and Cheetos from Sam's for the kids and she expected me not to eat any. Yeah, right! She is the ultimate enabler. I'm weak.

Comment

• Black wallnut
                          cycling to health
                          • Jan 2003
                          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                          • BT3k 1999

I decided to become serious about losing weight. Last week I started using MyFitnessPal (MFP)to track my calorie intake as well as adding in my exercise. So far it is working 239.8 this morning. Yeah for me! From what I have read from others tracking calories or charting what you eat helps. One of our mechanics brought in donuts on Friday. After I took one and took a bite I went on MFP to add the snack. I honestly was shocked to find that there are 420 calories in a maple bar donut, I'll not be eating any more of those.

How is everyone else doing? I see a lot of blanks in the google doc.

©

Comment

• dbhost
                            Slow and steady
                            • Apr 2008
                            • League City, Texas
                            • Ryobi BT3100

I haven't entered my weigh in yet... been OCD with tracking. Worked out St least 1 hour a day for 5 of the last 7. The scale didn't move much but I had to step down a size in swim shorts this week...

Comment

• Cochese
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2010

I'm not exactly sure how I'm losing, but I'll take it. A bit smaller portions, a bit more activity. Hopefully I will start my outdoor activities this week.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                              I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• woodturner
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jun 2008
                                • Western Pennsylvania
                                • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by dbhost
                                The scale didn't move much but I had to step down a size in swim shorts this week...
                                Grrr. Maybe I can step down a size in snowpants in another week or two

Tweaked the spreadsheet, BTW - now it will auto-report ranking by percentage weight loss. Now if I could just figure out a better formula to use the last posted weigh-in in the calculation.... (currently it is a string of if's to find the last column with a value, then calculates loss based on the last entered weight).
                                --------------------------------------------------
                                Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

Working...