Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Interesting subject, and certainly an appreciated challenge to participate in.

The "boobies" comment cracked my right up and I remember about 15 years ago when I was out in the back yard tossing the ball with one of my very young nephews. He asked if I was pregnant!!! Now that was a real awakening for me! I was about 203 lbs at the time, which is the most I have ever weighed.

I've been pretty active most of my life and it wasn't until the advent of the PC, that became all too sedentary, spending most of my day sitting down, I'd find myself eating something just to stay awake. (Too much somethings, obviously!) In most of the 80's I was about 145 lbs, but by the 90's, I was up to 160 or so, and just kept putting the weight on. Retired in 2003, and a bit stressed by it all (more eating and less activity), I find it much harder to get that weight off.

BTW, weight in itself is a problem, but how tall are we in relation to that weight? I fairly small-boned, but stand at 5'11" and for the first half of my life I was considered to be all too skinny; which is certainly not how I see myself now.

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
        Bandsaw Box Momma
        • Apr 2005
        • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

I think this is a great idea. And having others doing the same for support is a great way to do this. I am doing this for the youngest so that I can do more things with him. We also have the older kid graduating this year and a wedding to go to. And losing I know will help my knees. Good luck to everyone
        Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• Black wallnut
          cycling to health
          • Jan 2003
          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
          • BT3k 1999

Already lost 2 pounds.
          Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
            Bandsaw Box Momma
            • Apr 2005
            • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Down 6 as of this morning
            Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

No idea down how much. I updated the spreadsheet to reflect my "Official" Weight Watchers weigh in (What I am using to track). My starting point here is down 6.8 lbs from the weigh in last week...

No vending machine for me at work for sure! I brought a little tub thingy in my lunch bag full of fresh fruit. Blackberries and Strawberry for afternoon snack for me!
              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

Can't seem to find my ActiveLink... Grrr... Oh well. Tracking, and using S-Fit on my galaxy... It's good to know how much excersize I am really getting...

Apparently working on the shop is good for weight loss! I just need to get LOML to believe this!

Weight is up from last week, but not shocked. I lost a LOT of water weight getting sick with the reaction to the flu shot. I am however down 7 lbs from the Dr. office so I am good... I think the water weight is back, and what I am down now I think I am actually down...

Too danged cold to go for a long walk outside, so we are working out in the house... Not much fun with no carpet / padding present. LOML is antsy. Can't blame her. The old carpet HAD to go, and we are working on smoothing / leveling the floor in prep for hardwood flooring... Man this is a LOT of work!
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Black wallnut
                  cycling to health
                  • Jan 2003
                  • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                  • BT3k 1999

I am in the middle of a 9 day intense effort cycling tour done to videos on a trainer. I've so far lost 5 pounds although some of that may be due to daily fluctuations. It is not exactly a low cost option but it seems to work for me. Already have a road bike and a passion for cycling and a competitive nature. I was able to pick up a used trainer to mount my bike to for about a hundred a couple of years ago, if i had to start fresh a good trainer costs $270-$350. The videos I use are part of the Sufferfest series from theSufferfest.com and sell for about $13 each as a download. My point is that I have found an indoor workout program that works for me. Swimming seems to be another popular indoor workout, around here the city parks dept. runs an indoor pool and for city residents the monthly cost is reasonable.

After this present tour I'll go back to riding outside weather permitting on the weekends, plus doing indoor trainer rides during the week.
                  Last edited by Black wallnut; 01-29-2014, 03:47 PM.

©

Comment

• Cochese
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2010

Defcon Atlantarctica has put a hold on concerns for weight loss.

Comment

• dbhost
                      Slow and steady
                      • Apr 2008
                      • League City, Texas
                      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Cochese
                      Defcon Atlantarctica has put a hold on concerns for weight loss.
                      So Hotlanta comes to a screeching halt as does Houston during the Icepocalypse?

Yeah the local news is getting hokey...

Comment

• dbhost
                        Slow and steady
                        • Apr 2008
                        • League City, Texas
                        • Ryobi BT3100

Mr. and Mrs. Walnut are scaring me though. Hey guys is this the norm for you? To get those kinds of numbers I would have to take a butcher knife to my gut...

On the plus side, when I drop the weight I am carrying, portaging my 80lb canoe will seem like nothing...

Comment

• Cochese
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by dbhost
                          So Hotlanta comes to a screeching halt as does Houston during the Icepocalypse?

Yeah the local news is getting hokey...
                          You haven't seen the pictures I take it. People in cars on the highway and they left at noon.

Yesterday.

Comment

• atgcpaul
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2003
                            • Maryland
                            • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by Black wallnut
                            I am in the middle of a 9 day intense effort cycling tour done to videos on a trainer..
                            I used to be an avid rider. I have a trainer that clamps on to my back wheel but after months of not riding, my "butt calluses" are gone, and with the extra weight, not as much fun to ride. Vicious cycle. Pun intended.

I use the treadmill more (which is right next to the bike). At least on there, I can rest my tablet on the treadmill and stream shows. I'm thinking of some pedestal thingy--like a music stand--I can make to hold my tablet in a comfortable position while I ride because I REALLY miss riding.

Mr. and Mrs. Walnut are scaring me though. Hey guys is this the norm for you? To get those kinds of numbers I would have to take a butcher knife to my gut...
                            Every weight loss ad has that "Individual results will vary" or the one I like the best "Results not typical" statement.

When I was in WW, I lost a steady 1 to 2 pounds every week. Some people were shedding weight much faster and even reached lifetime after 3 sessions. You've just got to do what works for you. It's hard not to want to peak at your weight all the time, but I think WW does it right with once per week. For me, checking everyday is self defeating if I have a bad day.

Comment

• Black wallnut
                              cycling to health
                              • Jan 2003
                              • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                              • BT3k 1999

On the plus side, when I drop the weight I am carrying, portaging my 80lb canoe will seem like nothing...
                              I've probably hit my winter peak and now the first ten should come off with only an increase in activity. After that it for me will take much more discipline at the food bag and pub. LOML on the other hand is on a diet that works. Nothing against y'all but I'm hoping she wins! If she does I might be able to get her out on a bike.

To be successful at losing weight by exercise means hard work that only gets harder as time progresses. It is worth the pain or discomfort to improve your health.

©

Comment

• atgcpaul
                                Veteran Member
                                • Aug 2003
                                • Maryland
                                • Grizzly 1023SLX

The big steak dinner last night didn't help but for my 2nd weigh in...225.6lb. Down 2.4lb.

Can't say that I did anything drastic other than not getting seconds at dinner and I drank a lot less beer/alcohol this week.

Of course, my coworker brought in HUGE doughnuts this morning. I've got a bavarian cream sitting in front of me right now. If I keep typing, I won't eat it. Oh well.

Comment

Working...