X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • parnelli
    • Aug 2004
    • bt3100

Originally posted by BigguyZ
    Where is the info noted about sharing Prime? Do you mean you can have 3 users on the same account log in at once, or do you mean one Prime membership can be used by 3 completely separate accounts?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200444180

free two day shipping is shared. The video and kindle library parts are not.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by BigguyZ
      Where is the info noted about sharing Prime? Do you mean you can have 3 users on the same account log in at once, or do you mean one Prime membership can be used by 3 completely separate accounts?
      Amazon Prime Terms and Conditions:

Invitees
      If you sign up for a free trial or paid Prime membership, you may invite up to four eligible household members (living at the same address) to enjoy the shipping benefits of your free trial or paid Prime membership at no extra cost (invitees). Customers who receive a Prime free trial through Amazon Student or Amazon Mom are not eligible to share their Prime benefits. (Please note that any member under age 18 may use the Amazon.com website only with involvement of a parent or guardian.) If you purchase a Prime membership as a small business, you may invite up to four co-workers to shop with this corporate account. An invitee's shipping benefits will automatically terminate if the purchaser of the membership ceases to be a member or removes the invitee.

I just realized from the fine print that they are supposed to be living at the same address.
      No matter, whn i got my membership I invited my son, daughter and sister to share my membership and it turned out they all had one already.
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-04-2013, 12:02 AM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• radhak
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • Miramar, FL
        • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Please allow me to 'spam' everybody about Amazon Prime, with dollops of praise.

There was a time when the $79 seemed too high to me, particularly because I was in denial, of how much I purchase at Amazon. But I took it for the sake of their Prime Instant Video (wanted to watch Downton Abbey), and am now in love with this membership. Taking shipping out of consideration, and also getting the order in 2 days, has seen a great change in my shopping - I'm now buying a lot more on Amazon, mostly cheaper, and definitely with wider choice. Driving around locally to buy (say) a particular type of audio cable was a lot more hassle-some, wasted time, and was many times unfruitful. Now I get the best possible option, with just a day's extra wait.

And that instant video is great, too!

I was not aware I could share the membership for shipping, but I have used it to buy gifts for others and gotten it shipped directly to them, for free, and quick!
        It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
        - Aristotle

Comment

Working...