• Show
Clear All
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

This isn't fun

Went out in Backyard to have my breakfast at 6am it was 72 now it is over 80. The AC kicked on at 8:55 and the thermostat is set at 78 per Electric Company Instructions. A member of our Dog Park group text me asking if her two dog could spend the day with mine. The AC in her place went out so Jack and Danny will be spending some time with us. They are now problem they grew up at the dog park with mine, in fact there are 20 of them in the Pack. Ol'e Ceaser would be proud of these dogs. We can take them any where and do and have no problems. Babysitting each others dogs is common. Some people are amazed on how well they behave as a group, they can't believe we have field trip with them. We party, they play and chase Jackrabbits.

Tom
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I've been working in Sacramento since mid April and I'm home for the holiday week. I feel for you with the temps out there this week.
    Chr's

Comment

• TB Roye
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Sacramento, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

I was born here a have lived most of my life. Used work in the heat but now that I am retired and 70 it bothers me more. Now I try to get things don before 10 or 11 am on hot day and then head into the shop which is air conditioned so I can do thing in there if need be.

Tom

Comment

• scmhogg
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2003
        • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
        • BT3000

TB,

Over 100 for four days here in the south. Humidity has been high too.

With all the rice paddies around Sacto, I imagine the humidity is unbearable.

I had a Federal case in Sacto a couple of years ago. I was soaked by the time I had walked from my car to the court.

I will be 70 in a couple of months. I have noticed that my heat tolerance has really diminished over the years. in the late 70's and early 80's, LOML and I went to Palm Springs almost every weekend. I remember one year temps over 120. They had to truck in huge blocks of ice to cool the pool.

Steve
        I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

It's not only the heat here...in the high 90's, the humidity is also in the high 90%. It just wears you out.

Comment

• pelligrini
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • Fort Worth, TX
            • Craftsman 21829

Last week was terrible, at 100 or more (and with a car that doesn't have AC), but the last few days here have been great.
            Erik

Comment

• TB Roye
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Sacramento, CA, USA.
              • BT3100

This time we are having the higher humidity nothing like the rest of country can get but high for us. Looks like we may have a little Sea Breeze come up from San Francisco but it looks like it died off but the tem is lower today. We have natures AC here in Sacramento where we get a breeze that come for the ocean the gaps the Coast Ranges and up in to the valley. It can go from 105 to 70 in few hours when it kicks in. There were many when we were racing that we would get to the track at 5pm and main event time the breeze would have kicked in and we would be in jackets. No yet though. Compared to the weather the rest of the country gets through out the year, I will take this any time.

Comment

• Pappy
                The Full Monte
                • Dec 2002
                • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 (x2)

Cold spell here. Only in the low 90's since Sunday. Saturday it was 108 and I pulled some OT on a walking route..
                Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                Fools because they have to say something.
                Plato

Comment

• TB Roye
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                  • BT3100

Looks like we won't be breaking the record of most consecutive days of 105, onl 103 today and 104 on the 4th. Little sea breeze kicked in last evening. Went 105 to 80 in about 4 hours. Today possible thunder storm late in the day. Record stand at 5 which we tied was projected to be 76 days above 105 with the highs of 108 - 111 so we lucked out. 103,111 still hot don't know if I could tell the difference.

Tom

Comment

• TB Roye
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                    • BT3100

Hit 106 this afternoon so the record will be broken tomorrow with another 106. Think the AC is getting a little tired will call the AC company Friday and get them out next week to look at. It has two speed on both units and it seem to be running on the lower speeds. Keeping the thermostat at 78 and hope It holds out. Will shut it down later tonight and let it cool off. The outside part sits in the sun all day being on the south side of the house and central unit is in the garage facing the west so not too good for staying cool forgot to open garage door to get a little ventilation this afternoon.

Have a great 4 everyone and God Bless America.

Tom
                    Last edited by TB Roye; 07-05-2013, 01:54 AM.

Comment

• TB Roye
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2004
                      • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                      • BT3100

Made it to 111 about 6pm and then the AC kicked in and the sea breeze came in from San Francisco and cooled us of the 79 by 11pm and should only get to the mid 90's over the next few days. We move the 4th of July party indoors and my BIL because of the heat. Did go out and swim with the Grandkids for while. Nice day just a little to hot for this old man. Glad this heat wave is over not to get the AC people out to check the unit over and make sure we are ready for the next. I think the unit struggled because of the humidity the high temps and the sun beating on it all day. Looks like NASCAR has a problem with cheating again this time the roof flaps.

Tom

Comment

Working...