• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
    when i said "they" I really meant the coroner /ME. I have transferred the blame to the ME's office.
    You are right! And this whole thread comes down to that point. As to blaming the news media and journalism, they probably deserve most of what they get, however to be honest this time, we - or you rather - put the onus where it should be.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• durango dude
      • Mar 2011
      • a thousand or so feet above insanity
      • 50s vintage Craftsman Contractor Saw

My background is a master's degree in economics and statistics, with a focus on public policy.

One thing I've notice is the obsessive and compulsive collective instinct to measure everything, and turn it into a number. There's more attention paid to the numbers than the disaster (insurance companies, I assume).

This kind of reminds me Huxley's Brave New World .

Frankly - I am ready to go back to the reservation.

You don't need numbers - you simply need "the tornado caused multiple deaths"

Incidentally, in building my Morris chair - I learned to stop measuring, and start matching. It turns out, matching works just as well as measuring.

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

Don't you just love it when the news announcer says something stupid, like it was the worst fire since 2012! Duuh. I had rather them say, It is a terrible situiation so I am just going to shut up and let you look at the video.
        capncarl

Comment

Working...