What site to check out an internet sales company?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

What site to check out an internet sales company?

Do you have a favorite site to checks out the validity of an internet sales company?

If I am looking for a product that is hard to find, and it pops up on a site that I do not know, I usually post "x-company complaints" in a google search. IF it is a scam or bad company, reports show up quickly. But I know that all companies will have "some" complaints.

Is there a site, or sites, that assist in checking out internet sales sites?

Thanks
    Last edited by leehljp; 03-21-2013, 02:58 PM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • BigguyZ
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

http://www.resellerratings.com/

I wish I had checked out CostCaptain.com before I bought from them. They have a 6.2/10 rating, and my experience definitely was about that in quality...

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

First thing I do is check out their BBB reputation.
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• guitbusy
        Forum Newbie
        • Apr 2010
        • Michigan
        • Ryobi BT3...

I use reseller ratings site and just general google to see if I can get a feel for how they are as a business. I also carefully read the complaints because sometimes people make a big stink over things that could happen no matter where you bought the product...

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Thanks for the replies. That "resellerratings" will be added to my bookmarks.

I have used BBB a few times in the past, but did not always get a good idea of the company.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• BigguyZ
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2006
            • Minneapolis, MN
            • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Originally posted by leehljp
            I have used BBB a few times in the past, but did not always get a good idea of the company.
            Yeah, BBB is pretty much a scam. They get money from the companies to use their logo, and there's really no repercussions for a complaint. I've known really crappy companies that have A+ ratings for the BBB.

Comment

Working...