• Show
Clear All
  • gsmittle
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • St. Louis, MO, USA.
    • BT 3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
    Those convex mirrors can make the distance perspective difficult to judge. I also don't like the passenger mirror that has the optics of "objects may be closer than they appear". The outside mirrors I put on my tow vehicle were just mirrors without all the hoopla. I like seeing things as they are.

I've had them on every vehicle I've owned for the last 20 years or so, so I guess I'm used to the odd perspective. (LOML says I have the odd perspective.)

g.
    Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
    Bill & Ted

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by cork58
      Allot of people up here have a tow hitch on the front of their trucks so they can see what is going on. I never see them around lakes, just the rivers. Never had one myself and no longer fish the rivers since they got so crowded. I use my Escape to haul/tow it around and if I need to I open the hatch. You could probably drop the tailgate for more visibility too but the PVC pipe is allot easier.
      On TT dropping the tailgate is easy. With a boat, well the '04 up F150 has such a tall bed, that the tailgate down would hit the trailer winch for some boat trailers... Not a bad idea though...

From the looks of it, the odds are that I am going to end up with a front hitch anyway so I can remove my winch and keep it out of the elements when not in use. (Theft prevention mostly). I'll attach it prior to heading out to the deer lease. I don't need the extra weight, or length anyway...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

I should mention. I am so used to either driving a van (one of my first vehicles was a 1965 Volkswagen Westfalia camper, and NO I am NO hippie...) or pickup trucks with giagantic mounts of stuff in the back. internal mirrors and back windows for the most part aren't useful for me... One of the mods I have left to do to my truck is add the '06 and up telescoping towing mirrors. The '04 & '05 didn't offer that feature, and it is an easy swap...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• jaybee
          Established Member
          • Feb 2006
          • Regina, SK, Canada
          • BT3100-1

I put a tow hitch on the front of my Jeep Patriot - I'm not ripping off the back hatch on an overhanging branch. And I have both front and rear view cameras to install.

Comment

Working...