• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

In Houston we call that a "(fill in the derogatory ethnicity group here) socket set."
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

Is there really such a thing as "derogatory ethnicity group", or is it just an ongoing propagation of personal opinion. When I call tools names they are just common curse words, especially when they make me bleed.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
        Is there really such a thing as "derogatory ethnicity group", or is it just an ongoing propagation of personal opinion. When I call tools names they are just common curse words, especially when they make me bleed.

When I first learned the term Afroengineered, it was from my family. One of the black sections, who said it with pride. When I used it here, I was scolded for it, and debated about posting a family picture and asking for people to pick out who I was. I didn't see that term being any different then bubblegum and bailing wire is to rednecks. Where as N rigged, has other implications, besides prejudice, including poverty and lack of education, etc.

So yes, there really is such a thing, in my experience.
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
          When I first learned the term Afroengineered, it was from my family. One of the black sections, who said it with pride. When I used it here, I was scolded for it, and debated about posting a family picture and asking for people to pick out who I was. I didn't see that term being any different then bubblegum and bailing wire is to rednecks. Where as N rigged, has other implications, besides prejudice, including poverty and lack of education, etc.

So yes, there really is such a thing, in my experience.
          I fixtured several child care centers. One of the posters they had on the wall was great. It showed two little kids of different races playing together at a playground. The caption below read..."They have to be taught to hate".

Comment

Working...