X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

A Wood Whisperer shout-out

A great way to store Bessey and Jet parallel clamps with the added bonus of a handy shelf!

Good job LarryG. Hopefully he'll come back and see this at some point.
    I have a little blog about my shop
  • BigguyZ
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I'm a fan of Mark's, but I think Larry's version is better. No need for the slots, and I like the idea of the little wall on the shelf to prevent things from falling off.

Comment

• chopnhack
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • Florida
      • Ryobi BT3100

Agreed, Mark does some wonderful work, but the change made to LarryG's design seems to weaken a critical factor of the rack - its holding capacity! Making the slots for the bar to rest in makes it quick to put and take clamps from the rack, but I would think it would allow a lot more deflection. Guess time will tell. Kudos again LarryG!
      I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

My parallel clamp rack. Different a bit because I use it to store clamps in an open-stud wall. But I do get tighter storage (staggered) and protrudes less from the wall.

This forum is devoted to discussions about shop setup, layout and design. Topics here include wiring, wood and tool storage, floorplans, dust collection, and basically all the infrastructural stuff not directly related to specific projects and tools. Pictures of members' shops are welcome and encouraged.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jnesmith
          • Jan 2003
          • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

Where is the LarryG version?
          John

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by jnesmith
            Where is the LarryG version?
            If you go to the woodwhisperer article linked in the OP then the link is in there under BT3Central article he refers to.

or here:
            This forum is devoted to discussions about shop setup, layout and design. Topics here include wiring, wood and tool storage, floorplans, dust collection, and basically all the infrastructural stuff not directly related to specific projects and tools. Pictures of members' shops are welcome and encouraged.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jussi
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007

Nice design loring. I use a similar design but have fingers like marc(woodwhisperer) does. It works ok but the clamps still take up too much wall space for my liking. I saw a pic on fww site of a hinged type rack that might work. Also found a video on it. Not sure if it's by the same person.

I'm going to need to find a few sets of strong but cheap hinges. I know those 2 things usually don't go hand in hand. Any suggestions? Piano hinge maybe?

STUMPY'S WEBSITE►http://www.stumpynubs.comSUBSCRIBE►http://www.youtube.com/user/StumpyNubsWorkshopThe best episode yet- the shop needs a new clamp rack, we r...
              Last edited by jussi; 11-01-2012, 01:03 PM.
              I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• chopnhack
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2006
                • Florida
                • Ryobi BT3100

That's good nesting Loring :-)
                I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

Working...