• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Relaxing in Style

LOML and I celebrated 39 years yesterday. She wanted to disappear for the day and get away from everyone. She made resevations at the Embassy Suites in Austin.

I went out yesterday morning to pick up roses and, since we were staying outside of the normal delivery area, took them to the hotel to be kept in the office until later. While there I double checked the reservation and made sure everything was right. As I was getting in the truck I remembered that she had mentioned a 'Romance Package' for about $40 and went back in to ask about it. The manager said it was champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and that he was having it sent to the room complimentary.

About the roses...

In 1974 I had 1 long stem red rose delivered, 1975 - 2 roses, etc. They have been sent to different places over the years (Home, retaurants with diffferent instructions about them, doctor's office one year when she had an appointment) but they have always been there. I think this is the first time I have picked them up from the florist.

We spent the afternoon snacking on the strawberries along with a cheese and fruit platter I ordered and sipping champagne before heading down the the pool and hot tub. After the manager's reception we went out front for a smoke before dinner and she said she was upset that she hadn't gotten the roses. I told her they should have been delivered early in the morning to the house and it didn't hit me that they hadn't been delivered while I was running a couple of errands. I was sure that they were just running late and Stan (My brother) would have gone to the door, and the flowers would be sitting on the table waiting for her when we got home. After we were seated and had ordered dinner, I excused myself to go to the men's room so I could call the desk to have the roses brought her at the table, in full view of every other patron in the process.

After breakfast this morning, we made another trip to the pool and hot tub before checking out.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • jking
    • May 2003
    • Des Moines, IA.
    • BT3100

Congratulations on 39 years. Good idea on having the roses delivered to the table.

Comment

• Black wallnut
      cycling to health
      • Jan 2003
      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
      • BT3k 1999

Congrats Pappy to her, and you! 39 years is awesome I'll raise a glass to many more. You're an inspiration.
      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Happy anniversary. You made it a special event. A famous colonel said "I just love it when a plan comes together".

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
          Bandsaw Box Momma
          • Apr 2005
          • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Congratulations Pappy. Sounds like you plan everything well. I am sure your wife loves that. And here is to many more for you guys.
          Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
            Veteran Member
            • May 2003
            • Nanuet, NY, USA.
            • BT3100

Don,
            Your wife must be a saint, putting up with you for all this time.
            I'm going on 33 years and she hasn't tried to shoot me, yet!
            Congrats

Bruce
            "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
            Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• RAFlorida
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2008
              • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
              • Ryobi BT3000

Congradulations Don

to you and your wife. Thirty nine years means you guys had your up and downs, but they had to have been mostly ups. I'm sure she really enjoyed and appreciated your thoughtfullnes.

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

I just pray LOML and I are alive still when we hit the 39 year mark! Congrats!
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• tommyt654
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2008

Congrats Pappy, many more to come I hope

Comment

Working...