• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
    I've taken tools back without a receipt, and received an exchange...no argument.

One store will and one store won't. This approach is obviously an individual store policy.

But For the point of the 20% on normal "sale" items, a look back on this forum alone at the band saws, lathes, large sanders, large tool chests, and others - and from members coast to coast - that went into and HF store in their area when an item was "on normal sale" (not couponed) and with the 20% discount were able to purchase it that way.

In the OP I am arguing that HF set a policy long ago on the "wording and meaning" to allow the 20% on normal sale items.

Case in point that it can be argued that has been corporate policy:
    - At the computer controlled cash registers at all of the HFs that I have been to except in the OP, the sales clerk applied the 20% at the register to the individual item. It has been accepted.
    -At the NEW store in Southaven, MS, the computer controlled cash register, it would not accept the 20% on the "normal sale" item.
    . . . this hints that this is either a new policy or mis-programming. IMO, Corporate knows how their computer-controlled cash registers are programmed and work. For years, and at all of the stores that I have been in up until this one, they DID apply the 20% coupon at the cash register on one specific "normal sale" item and it worked.

PS: It has been 22 hours since I talked with HQ and I have not heard anything back. They have my phone number and my address.
    Last edited by leehljp; 09-18-2012, 10:49 AM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• sweensdv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • WI
      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Interesting how the cash registers work at different stores. At the HF here, the 20% off coupon is automatically applied against the most expensive qualifying item, the clerk has to only scan the coupon. I always thought, but could be mistaken, that all HF stores are corporate owned with no franchise stores at all. If that is the case then it would only seem logical that the coupon policy would be universal for all stores. Local marketing conditions or philosophy may come into play from time to time but general corporate policy should be the same for all stores.

Comment

Working...