• Show
Clear All
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

National Anthem rock Version

I am pretty set in my ways especially when it comes to the National Anthem. That is until I saw and heard this version. The lead singer is a Navy Veteran.

starspangledbannerchallenge.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, starspangledbannerchallenge.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Tom
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Musically it's OK, I don't have a problem with it or particularly like it either.
    I've had Jimi Hendrixes version on my iPod for years; confounding that guy they quoted who says no one has it on their iPod... I'm sure not no-one.

What I object to is getting a million people to download it who have to buy it for $1. If they truly do this for patriotic reasons they should give it away and not be making a million bucks in the process.

(sure I know its only $990,000 and on top of that they don't the whole thing but I'm allowed to exaggerate for making my point).
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

I enjoyed it!
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

I prefer that song to be played/sung in its traditional format. I didn't like the Hendrix version, or this one.

Comment

• BadeMillsap
          • Dec 2005
          • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
          • Grizzly G1023SL

Uh ... NO!
          "Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
          Bade Millsap
          Bulverde, Texas
          => Bade's Personal Web Log
          => Bade's Lutherie Web Log

Comment

• sailor55330
            Established Member
            • Jan 2010

Bad.

I'm a musician and there are some things you don't do. Some songs may lend themselves to creativity, but when it is a national anthem of your country, it's pretty arrogant to think you're better than 200+ years of tradition.

As said earlier, sing/play it the way it was written. There are some things you just don't mess with----18yr old scotch, a 63 Corvette, and the National Anthem.

Comment

Working...