Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Japanwoodworker.com

http://www.japanwoodworker.com/page....ntent_id=10045

Interesting company, I get their printed catalog, its fun for browsing tools, there are many Japanese woodworking tools as well as the Western tools we are used to. Sometimes different evolution of tools. Take a look. lots of pages on saws, chisels, planes, etc. some stuff I've never seen before.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

I have never had their catalog but I have been going to their site for several years checking things and prices.

And over the years, I have had people email me about buying a set of Japanese furniture chisels for them, hopefully cheaper than the JapanWoodworker's site displayed. But, the problem was - JapanWoodworker's site usually had them cheaper than I could buy them in Japan! Many of Japan's Makita, Hitachi and other brand name tools are cheaper in the US than the same tool (albeit metric) in Japan.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

I've gotten several catalogs from them. Luckily, I have been able to resist the urge to place an order. There are quite a few toys I would like to have.
      Erik

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

An interesting site. I thought for sure they would have metric hammers.

Comment

• jackellis
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003
          • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

A friend of ours used to work for them and his partner ran a woodworking school in the space behind the retail store. Lots and lots of toys for sure.

Comment

• LarryG
            The Full Monte
            • May 2004
            • Off The Back
            • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

I've ordered from Japan Woodworker several times. I have some of their blue steel Japanese chisels, wooden hand screws (the Dubuque brand clamps they sell are EXCELLENT), and various other things. First-class tools, and a first-class outfit.
            Larry

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by cabinetman
              An interesting site. I thought for sure they would have metric hammers.

C'man, I have a "Friend" who can perform metric conversions on hardware like hammers and adjustable wrenches.

I can get you this Estwing 2.2kG straight claw leather handle hammer for $75 plus shipping.

Just let me know.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...